This post was sponsored by Fresh From Florida as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central, however, all opinions expressed are my own.
It seems like evenings have become so rushed around here that I am constantly looking for quick, healthy meals. Mike introduced me to stuffed peppers years ago, and while we love them… they take a while to prepare. I was determined to shorten that time to make something just as delicious and made with fresh ingredients. When I had the chance to team up with Fresh From Florida to show off just how fresh and delicious our local produce really is, I knew this was the perfect time to see what I could come up with!
Fresh From Florida Farmers make it easy to enjoy fresh produce year round. The wide variety of fruits, vegetables, and even seafood make it easy to choose farm fresh favorites for every meal. It would be impossible for me to choose a favorite – but we absolutely love their peppers and berries and squashes! I always look for the Fresh From Florida label when I do my shopping at my local farmers market. It is one of the perks of living in Florida for sure! I mean – look at these peppers?!! How beautiful are they!?
On a particularly busy night, I stopped by the store to grab everything I needed for my Chicken Enchilada Stuffed Peppers. My goal was to get something hot and delicious – and healthy – on the table in under 30 minutes. The recipe DID make a lot – but it worked out perfectly that we were able to have some for lunch the next day or you could even freeze the mixture to use later!
Chicken Enchilada Stuffed Peppers
- 8 large Fresh From Florida bell peppers
- 2 rotisserie chickens
- 1 can red enchilada sauce - mild
- 1 can black beans
- 1 can niblet corn
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- sour cream and/or guacamole (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350*.
- Remove and shred meat from chickens into a skillet on medium heat.
- Add in sauce, corn, and black beans.
- Simmer about 5 minutes.
- Add in 2 cups of shredded cheese and stir until well combined.
- Cut tops off bell peppers and remove seeds and ribs.
- Gently spoon chicken mixture into peppers and top with remaining cheese.
- Bake uncovered about 15-20 minutes or until peppers have softened and cheese is bubbly.
- Remove and let sit about 5 minutes.
- Top with sour cream and or guacamole.
This meal was definitely a crowd favorite – both at dinner that night and the leftovers the next day for lunch! I might even say they were even BETTER the next day because the sweetness of the peppers really came through! Since I almost always have bell peppers on hand, this is a meal we will enjoy often on our busy weeknights. The peppers stay nice and crisp while the inside is all gooey and cheesy! SO delish!
You can check out the Fresh From Florida website for tons of great recipes using their delicious produce and seafood available. You can also “Follow The Fresh” on social media to learn more recipes, tips, and see what is in season! They even have videos to show how easy it is to make great tasting meals in minutes! Check them out on Facebook and Twitter.