With just a few weeks until Christmas, holiday parties are in full swing! Decorations, hors hors d’oeuvres, and gift exchanges will be all the talk around the water cooler. But you know what will also be talked about – the cocktails! What’s a Christmas Party with out fun and festive cocktails!? Whether you are diving out or bringing the party to the office, here are some delicious cocktail recipes that will make you the talk of the town!
Bare Spiced Cranberry Margaritas
Bare Organic Mixers is spicing up the holidays and decking the halls with their Spiced Cranberry Pomegranate Margarita cocktail recipe. Bare Organic Mixers are a naturally low-calorie, flavorful, organic and light tasting cocktail mixers that are made with fresh organic fruit juices and agave nectar created by Natalie Susi. Bare comes in a variety of mixers such as margarita, lemon drop and pomegranate cranberry cosmo that blend well with nearly any liquor or spirit or can also be enjoyed straight up on the rocks. All of their mixers make great tasting clean cocktails with less than half the calories without any fillers unlike other brands on the market.
- ¼ c Spiced Cranberry Simple Syrup
- ¾ c Bare Mixer’s Pomegranate Cranberry Cosmo
- ¼ c Bare Mixer’s Margarita
- ¾ c Silver Tequila
- ½ c Patron Citronage or Grand Marnier
- Cinnamon Sticks
- Sugared Cranberries
- Green sugar for rimming glasses
For Spiced Cranberry Simple Syrup
- 3/4 c water
- 2/3 c agave nectar
- 2 Tbsp whole allspice
- 2 Tbsp whole cloves
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- One 2″ fresh nob of ginger, peeled and sliced
- 2 c fresh cranberries, rinsed
For Simple Syrup
- Combine all the ingredients in a saucepan and stir over low heat until combined. Raise heat and simmer the mixture for about 5-6 minutes or until the cranberries start to split. Once most have split remove the pan from the heat and cover with a lid. Let sit for 2 hours for the flavors to infuse. After the two hours strain the mixture into a jar using a mesh strainer, pressing the mixture against the strainer to extract all of the flavor. Keep in a resealable container and chill completely until ready to use.
- Dip the rim of the glasses in a shallow bowl of the simple syrup and then immediately into a shallow bowl of green dyed sugar. Let dry completely. Once dry fill the glasses with ice. In a cocktail shaker with ice add 4 Tbsp of the spiced cranberry simple syrup, the tequila, orange liqueur, Bare Mixer’s Pomegranate Cranberry Cosmo and Bare Mixer’s Margarita. Cover and shake well then strain into the 4 glasses. Taste and add more simple syrup if desired. Garnish with cinnamon sticks and sugared cranberry skewers.
Candy Cane Cooler
NoMa Social is bringing in the holiday season with a Candy Cane Cooler that just screams Christmas spirit. Not only does this concoction look festive, but it decks the halls of your taste buds as well. Here’s how to make it:
- 1 tbs crushed soft peppermint candy
- 1½ fl oz vodka
- splash of white creme de menthe
- ¼ fl oz brandy
- ½ fl oz half-and-half
- Crushed ice
- Peppermint stick for garnish
- Mint sprig for garnish
Combine the vodka and crushed peppermint. Stir to dissolve. Add the remaining ingredients, stir and garnish.