It is that time again – MamaDweeb has put together another Dialect Vlog Hop – or as I like to call it – “a make fun of the way we all talk vlog hop” LOL I am a bit late getting mine in, but here are the words and questions – if you are going to jump in I TOTALLY recommend you record first, and THEN listen to other people’s answers… always messes me up when I watch first! HA! 🙂
How it works:
You read the list of words and answer the list of questions on a vlog. Then, you upload the video to your blog and link up here so we can all go and see how we say things the same or different! It is amazing how many different ways there are to say something and really fun to hear the different accents (or lack of accents) from different places.
I’d love to hear from England, Canada and other countries! Let’s get the Dialect hop global!
Kitchen, disoriented, Height, Colorado, Prescott, Halloween, Cinnamon, Sometimes, account, gosh, Monday
1. Fill in the blank: I walked ______ the street. (Across or Acrossed?)
2. What is a word to describe how you feel when your kids just won’t listen to you? (Flustrated? Frustrated)
3. Do you have words you say that replace expletives?
4. What is another way of saying “It doesn’t matter”? (Makes no difference)
5. What do you call the item of clothing you wear underneath your clothes?
6. What do you call the piece of clothing you wear on your legs?
7. What do you enjoy on your hotdog?
8. Thank you Robyn’s Online World for this one: Fill in the blank: I was standing _______ waiting for my turn on the roller coaster.
9. What do you call when you sit on the floor with your legs tucked under each other?
10. What is a common way to say “sit and rest” or “take a break”? (pop a squat? sit a spell?)
I hope you will join in!!