Just a quick note to tell you what I learned today running at 7pm:
1. The colder it is outside, the longer it takes to warm up…. c25k does NOT take that into account as he was telling me to “run” LONG before I was ready.
2. It is not a good idea to run in a head to toe BLACK warm up outfit after dusk in a neighborhood with no streetlights at the time everyone is getting home from work….
3. Sidewalks suck. I will no longer growl as I have to drive around walkers, joggers, and bikers who are on the road and not on a sidewalk. Until today I wondered why they would never just get on the sidewalk and not mess up traffic… my ACHING legs are explaining to me why.
4. No matter how warm you may feel on the inside, your cheeks will still freeze and hurt after the run. Yes, both of them.
5. Running in the evening may NOT be the best choice… as I am now sitting here at 11pm- STARVING – and wide awake… *sigh*
On a good note – Day Two down and done on the first try! A little bit slower this time – I blame dodging cars – 1.52 miles. 8 weeks, 5 days to go….