I remember when I was a little girl my grandmother had a pressure cooker that she seemed to cook everything in. It was a silver pot with a locking top and a little, weighted knob that would whistle when it steamed. As a little girl, I remember her warnings to not touch that little knob – that it would explode from the pressure inside. I would be mesmerized watching that little knob rock side to side – just willing me to pull it off and see what would happen. When I had the opportunity to try the new Power Pressure Cooker XL™ from TriStar Products, I was excited to see if I could cook as good as my grandma could. This thing has become my new favorite appliance and I have cooked everything from steak tips and rice to chicken tacos and our new favorite – Mozzarella Stuffed Meatballs!
The Power Pressure Cooker XL™ is super simple to use, even easier to clean, and makes getting in and out of your kitchen a breeze. With me teaching six POUNDFit classes a week now, I need meals that are quick and easy. The Power Pressure Cooker XL™ can cook meals up to 70% faster than conventional methods. Plus with the “set it and forget it” programming I can come in from a class, toss everything I need into my Pressure Cooker – and go jump in the shower while it cooks! You can cook meats, veggies, stews – even desserts! There is even a slow cooker setting – so I have been able to replace my beloved slow cooker with this all-in-one! Yay for having more space in the kitchen!
The Power Pressure Cooker XL™ is available in 6-quart, ($99.99), 8-quart, ($129.96) and 10-quart, ($159.93) models. I got the 6-quart size and it is plenty big for our family of four to have dinner and leftovers the next day! However I like the idea of being able to cook a whole bird in it, so I may have to upgrade some day. It is also great for canning and comes with a complete Canning Guide along with Pressure Cooker Cookbook. The Cookbook made me think of a recipe I did in my slow cooker months ago that my family loved – Mozzarella Stuffed Meatballs. With Mike out of town this week I was pressed for time between classes to get dinner on the table, so I put The Power Pressure Cooker XL™ to the test to see just how quickly this normally all day recipe would take. I was delighted when about 30 minutes later we were sitting down to eat.
- one pound ground meat - you can use beef, turkey, sausage, whatever
- 1/2 cup Italian Seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 block fresh mozzarella
- 1 egg
- one large can Italian style crushed tomatoes
- pasta of choice
- Mix together meat, breadcrumbs, parmesan, seasoning, and egg in a large bowl. Using your hands, mash and knead together.
- Cut fresh mozzarella in to one inch squares.
- Pinch a portion of the meat mixture and gently wrap it around your mozzarella squares - making sure no mozzarella is showing.
- Place stuffed meatballs on a cookie sheet and bake at 425* for 10 minutes to sear.
- Pour crushed tomatoes into the inner pot of the Power Pressure Cooker XL™. Add the seared meatballs.
- Place the lid on the pressure cooker, lock the lid closed, and switch the pressure release valve to closed.
- Press the Soup/Stew button and press the Time Adjustment button until you reach 20 minutes.
- Serve with your favorite pasta! Voila!
I must admit – I had to call their Customer Service line when I was cooking these because I was not sure if the Pressure Release Valve was correct and my grandmother’s voice was in the back of my mind warning me of the mess that I would make if that knob was not on correctly. The gentleman that answered the phone was so helpful – he didn’t even laugh at me when I tried to explain what I was concerned about.
I highly recommend the Power Pressure Cooker XL™ for any kitchen! I have really fallen in love with it and can not wait to make more meals for my family. Next, I want to try making homemade BBQ pork – how nice will it be to have that done in under an hour?! Check out PowerPressureCooker.com to learn about more features that thePower Pressure Cooker XL™ offers and to place your order!