I can not tell you how excited I am. I love love love Zumba – it is absolutely my favorite workout ever. My neighbor and I will get together several times a week in one of our living rooms to Zumba away – laughing and rocking out the whole time. We absolutely LOVE it.
Zumba Fitness 2 is a multiplayer Dance – Fitness game for Wii that provides an outlet for players to get a great full body workout in a fun dance class environment. Based on the popular Zumba exercise dance craze that has swept the world in recent years, Zumba Fitness 2 is the second game in the Zumba Fitness video game series and is designed for players of all fitness levels. Gameplay incorporates 20 different dance styles and utilizes the included Zumba Fitness belt which holds the Wii Remote, allowing for hands-free action. Additional features include: 20 different dance styles, five different game modes, 32 electrifying new routines and music tracks, a new progress tracker, varied difficulty levels and instructor customization.
I am not sure which part I am more excited about – the fact that Zumba Fitness 2 will have songs I actually know and can sing along with, or that we can now have our own little “Zumba Party” both wearing our Wii Remotes. With the first Zumba, Christy and I have just taken turns with who wears the belt. Now we can both get a good reading on how many calories we have burned and just how good we danced off those pounds! Oh, I also love the idea of creating a “playlist” so I can jam out to my favorite songs over and over!
- Get a total body workout with 32 electrifying new routines and music tracks, including hits from today’s hottest artists including Pitbull, Nicole Scherzinger and Yolanda Be Cool and DCup.
- Follow along as celebrity Zumba instructors Tanya Beardsley, Gina Grant and Beto guide you through each routine. New 3D models of each instructor make playing the game feel like taking a real class with Zumba’s elite celebrity trio.
- Learn 20 different dance styles across routines, from fan favorites like Merengue, Samba and Cumbia to new additions like Axe, Indian, Latin Pop, Bellydance and Pasodoble.
- Get in shape with 5 different game modes:
- Single Song – Dance a single routine of your choice. The new song preview feature gives you a feel for a track before you dive in and lose yourself in the music.
- Zumba Class – A workout block of routines in 20, 45 or 60 minute formats. You can now create your own custom routines by saving a playlist of your favorite songs.
- Zumba Party – Up to 4 players can join the party in your living room with cooperative gameplay.
- Learn the Steps – Revamped tutorial mode lets you learn at your own pace by breaking down the core dance styles into the basics.
- Get your party on in 5 stunning, dynamic environments, from a Miami Yacht to a LA nightclub. Watch the party grow as you match moves throughout each area.
- Choose each instructor’s outfit and personalize clothing with the new Zumba apparel customization feature.
- New video cueing system makes the choreography easier to follow for new players.
- New Progress Tracker lets you follow every stat relating to your gameplay, including: calories burned, trophies earned, overall rank, technique score based on how many moves matched overall, and more.
- Approachable gameplay offers a full tutorial mode with Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced routines tiered for all skill levels.
- Affix the exclusive Zumba Fitness belt (included free in the game box) to your waist and slide the Wii Remote into the holster to dance hands-free.
I was also excited to read one Amazon Review on the Fitness Tracker -
Once you’ve completed a routine, your performance stats come up, Calories Burned, Technique, Score. You can also view cumulative totals of these in the Progress Tracker options from the Main Menu. Progress Tracker lists Weight, Time played, Technique (%) and Total Calories burned. You can choose that in a graph of Days, Weeks, Months. In the Progress Tracker there are also Awards that you get for completing certain goals during play.
I am really someone who has to track my progress, and know that even if I am not seeing results right away on the OUTside, that I know stuff is happening on the inside. And yes, I get happy over cheesy little trophies and awards..hey, who doesnt like to be told they rock, right?
I have ordered the Zumba Fitness 2 from Amazon and I am eagerly awaiting its arrival. As much as I love my original Zumba Fitness, I am excited to do some new workouts and learn new routines.
You can order Zumba Fitness 2 from Amazon or at local retailers.