One of my favorite parts of Spring is all of the fresh fruits and veggies that come into season. This week I picked up some great looking zucchini, but with our vacation I wasn’t sure how I could get it eaten before it went bad. So I needed a recipe to make ahead of time that we could take with us. A bit of perusing the internet, and voila - Healthy Zucchini Bread!
I headed up to our local Walmart #1222 in Pensacola Florida to get the rest of the ingredients for my Zucchini Bread and the last minute stuff for our vacation. You can see my Google+ Album of the whole trip here. Right now Equal Sucralose is only available in Florida, Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia, Louisiana, and Mississippi. You can see if there is a location near you by clicking here.
Since I have been replacing sugar with #EqualSucralose for the past few weeks since it is easier to use and has zero calories, I wanted to modify this recipe as well to make it as healthy as possible. Equal Sucralose is a great alternative to sugar in all of your baking and daily sugar needs. We now use it daily in our tea, coffee, cereal and of course baking. For the Zucchini Bread I replaced the sugar with Equal Sucralose, the flour with wheat flour, and the milk with soy milk – vanilla flavored soy milk at that so I didn’t add any extra vanilla. It was amazing.
Healthier Zucchini Bread
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 2 cups wheat flour
- 3/4 cup #EqualSucralose
- 3/4 cup Vanilla Silk Milk
- 1/3 cup Canola Oil
- 2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a 9-by-5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Whisk Silk milk, eggs, Equal Sucralose, and oil in a medium bowl. Stir in zucchini. Mix in wheat flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Add chocolate chips and stir until just combined. Pour entire mixture gently into your loaf pan.
- Bake 45 minutes to one hour or until a knife can be inserted into the center and comes out clean. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then gently turn out onto a wire rack. Let cool for at least 1 hour before slicing.
- To save, cover tightly with saran wrap or in a tightly sealed Ziplock.
Like any of the recipes I concoct I immediately ran next door to share with my best friend and she loved it. I also gave her a can of Equal Sucralose to try for herself and her family. Her husband is a Type 2 Diabetic, so they are really working on watching his sugar intake. He loved the zucchini bread … and we just decided not to tell him it didnt have sugar in it
I am sure I will make this Healthier Zucchini Bread again and again with my family – the girls absolutely loved it and I felt good about giving it to them. I also love that I could eat it and not feel guilty about it. That, in my book, is a total win-win.