Every Easter Mike and the girls stock up on what they think will be a years worth of Peeps… only to run out a few weeks later and pout until Easter rolled around again. Until now Easter was really the only time you could find these delicious little goodies which are gluten free and fat free. So I was super excited when I got to tell them that their favorite little Easter snack is now available year round! New Peeps Minis are hitting store shelves everywhere and come in three delicious flavors – strawberry creme, sour watermelon, and chocolate creme! Each Peeps Minis Chick is only 14 calories – so even I have been indulging since they arrived. We’ve even started concocting new recipes with them like our new favorite – Toasted Marshmallow Chocolate Milkshakes.
Peeps Minis Toasted Marshmallow Chocolate Milkshake
- 1 bag Chocolate Creme Peeps Minis
- 2 cups milk
- 1 Tbsp. sour cream
- 2 Tbsp. cocoa powder
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream
- Rediwhip Whipped Cream
- On a medium-size cookie sheet, place all but one Peeps Minis Chicks in a row. Place under your burner in the oven for 2 to 3 minutes, until they begin to melt and char on top. Take out of oven and let cool.
- Repeat this step but only let the marshmallows toast, so they are slightly burnt. Take out of oven and let cool.
- In a blender, pour milk, sour cream, cocoa powder, ice cream and charred marshmallows.
- Mix for 5 minutes.
- Pour in a large glass and top with Rediwhip and one Peeps Mini Chick. Serve immediately.
The girls absolutely love these and I love that they are quick and easy. I can even use the toaster oven and Magic Bullet to make prep even faster. The Peeps Minis give it an extra special flavor over just your regular, boring chocolate milkshake. And parents… you can throw some Bailey’s Irish Creme in there to make it a delicious dessert cocktail for you! Just sayin. We’ve even made it using the strawberry creme Peeps Minis for a chocolate-covered-strawberry flavored milkshake. Delicious.
You can pick up new Peeps Minis at your local grocer and make your own Peeps concoctions year round!
Are you a Peeps fan?