If you are following a ketogenic diet plan, then this list of 25 Keto Diet Snacks for Your Pantry is perfect for your needs.
Starting a keto diet can be tough for those who like to pick up snacks all the time, but the thing is, there is so much delicious food out there that is keto compliant and just waiting for you to grab as a snack.
This post may contain affiliate links which means we receive a small commission at
no cost to you when you make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate, I may earn from
qualifying purchases. As an employee of Apogee, any affiliate links from our clients are at 0% commission and two-tiered referrals are at $0.
25 Keto Diet Snacks
The basic rules of the ketogenic diet are to limit your carbohydrate intake to under 20 grams per day.
This includes fruits and vegetables, so you really have to think and plan ahead if you want to stay on track.
While you may be eating larger portions during your meal times, there are days and times when a snack is a must.
Packing something in your purse, diaper bag, backpack, or even having a basket in the trunk of the car is a great way to help you achieve
Below are some of our favorite keto diet snacks that are ideal to keep on hand.
Refrigerated Keto Diet Snacks
There are always going to be a few things to snack on in your refrigerator. These items are our favorites that are also keto diet snacks and take little to no preparation necessary.
- Cheese: Higher fat harder cheeses are typically suggested, but you can add any cheese to this list that you prefer. I typically grab cheddar, string cheese, goat cheese, cream cheese, and pepper jack cheese. Always check flavored cheeses and cheese spreads for added sugar or flour.
- Eggs: Buy these by the dozens as they are ideal for breakfast, meal times, and ultimately snacking. We have a great Guacamole Deviled Eggs Recipe to keep ready and on hand for easy snacking.
- Pickles: There is nothing as satisfying as biting into a salty and crunchy pickle. Whatever brand you want works, but we love
VlassicDill Spears and Bubbie's Fermented Pickles.
- Luncheon Meats: While most lunchmeat will be fine, you do want to make sure to not buy any with added sugar. Read labels and watch for uncured options when possible. Turkey, ham, chicken, roast beef, and some salami or pepperoni are all excellent options.
- Whole Milk Greek Yogurt: Whole milk yogurt is the lower carb option and isn't something to eat a lot of, but can be a great option to have on hand to mix with some berries and a bit of your favorite sugar-substitute like Swerve.
- Whipped Cream: Not whipped topping, but real actual whipped heavy cream. This is great for a semi-sweet treat by itself but is also perfect with a strawberry for a fast treat that feels decadent.
- Berries: Berries are the only fruit that most will eat on a ketogenic diet as they are the lowest in carbohydrates. So, keeping some blueberries, raspberries, or strawberries on hand at all times is a must.
- Avocado: Whether you mix it up with some lime juice, cumin, and diced onion to create a guacamole, or just slice and eat alone, avocado is that healthy fat everyone loves.
- Olives: Olives are kept both in and out of the refrigerator depending on the type. Black olives, kalamata olives, and green olives are all favorites for snacks or to add to salads and side dishes.
- Halo Top Ice Cream: This is a bit of a controversial topic as some like this and others don't, but for lower net carb counts, it is a great ice cream treat.
- Keto Peanut Butter Cookies: This is our favorite keto peanut butter cookies recipe. You can easily make big batches of these and freeze them so you can pull just 2-3 out at a time to thaw and eat.
Shelf-Stable Keto Diet Snacks
Inside your pantry, these shelf-stable items will last longer and are a better choice for days when a fast snack is needed.
There are classic items as well as some of our favorite options from the newer ketogenic products available.
- Beef Jerky: You can grab any brand, but we really love the Krave brand and flavors offered that don't have any added sugar.
- Pork Rinds: Pick up these at a convenience store or grocery store anywhere, but if you want specialty types we love Epic Artisan Pork Rinds for an upscale treat.
- Nuts and Seeds: Pistachios, cashews, almonds, macadamia nuts, sunflower seeds, and pumpkin seeds are my favorites but you can mix and match whatever you prefer. The calories on these add up fast, so remember to snack smart and not eat too many at once.
- Nut Butter: Unsweetened peanut butter is probably the most commonly used, but you can also check out almond butter, cashew butter, and sunflower butter. Just watch for added sugar on the labels. Legendary Foods Keto Nut Butter is a favorite.
- Seaweed Snacks: Crunchy and salty, seaweed snacks are a great option for that need to snack on “chips”. Jayone Salted and Roasted Seaweed is a great choice.
- Kale Chips: Rhythm Superfoods Kale Chips come in multiple flavors and are excellent quality.
- Cheese “Crackers”: Whisps are a popular brand of cheese crackers. You might also enjoy Just the Cheese bars.
- Protein Shakes: Premier ProteinThere are literally hundreds of brands available that are both high protein and low carbohydrate so good for the ketogenic diet. One of our favorite keto diet snacks is a shake. They are keto friendly and come in multiple flavors.
- Tuna or Chicken Pouches: The plain pouches are great with a bit of mustard and seasonings.
- Sugar-Free Dark Chocolate: ChocoRite Dark Chocolate bars are always a hit.
- Sugar-Free Jello: Yes, basic Jello gelatin is a great option when you choose sugar-free.
- Quest Protein Bars and Cookies: There are multiple flavors at varying carbohydrate amounts so check for your favorites in Quest Protein Cookies.
- Primal Thin Crackers: Low carb crackers are a must have snack food and Primal Thin Crackers are delicious.
- Fat Snax Cookies: I've only tried one flavor of these but they are pretty decent and a good convenience keto diet snack option.
More Keto Diet Snacks:
If you have time and are able to do a bit of cooking, you'll find some of our favorite keto diet snacks are our own recipes.
Many of these take just a few minutes to prepare and end up being absolutely delicious while not wrecking your macros for the day.
- Keto Pumpkin Cheesecake
- Low Carb Pumpkin Spice Trail Mix
- Spicy Keto Sausage Balls Appetizer
- Chicken Stuffed Keto Jalapeno Poppers
- Keto Jalapeno Spicy Cheese Chips
- Keto Chocolate Cheesecake Brownies
LOVE THIS LIST? PIN ME FOR LATER!