This post was sponsored by Better Than Bouillon as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central and all opinions expressed in my post are my own.
When it is cold outside, all I want is a piping hot bowl of soup. But who has time to cook all day?! This 30 Minute Chicken Tortilla Soup is a family favorite!
Now I have loved this recipe for years, but I switched it up a bit this year to use one of my new favorite kitchen staples - Better Than Bouillon.
Better Than Bouillon is a paste concentrate that is equivalent to a bouillon cube or broth that lets you really turn up the flavor of all of your favorite dishes.
Unlike broth that goes bad quickly or bouillon cubes that can be gritty if they do not dissolve properly, Better Than Bouillon lets you add just the right amount of flavor easily.
Related Article: Roasted Cauliflower Soup
Better Than Bouillon comes in a variety of flavors, so I have started using it in all of my favorite dishes. You can choose from:
- Premium Flavors: Chicken, Beef, Vegetable, Roasted Garlic, Chili, Clam, Fish, Ham, Lobster, Mushroom and Turkey
- Organic: Roasted Chicken, Mushroom, Turkey, Beef and Vegetable
- Vegetarian: Vegetable, Roasted Garlic, Organic Vegetable, Vegetarian No Beef Base, Vegetarian No Chicken Base
- Reduced Sodium: Reduced Sodium Beef, Reduced Sodium Chicken, Reduced Sodium Vegetable
You can make this recipe into a Low Carb Chicken Tortilla Soup by subbing the corn tortillas for a lower carb tortilla made out of wheat.
I do however suggest you bake the low carb tortillas a bit before adding them into the soup. For some reason that seems to give them a little more flavor. Just a few minutes at 350* in a single layer does the trick!
You can use the Product Locator on the Better Than Bouillon site to find which stores near you carry each flavor. You can also shop online and have your favorites delivered right to your door. It's hard to beat that.
Better Than Bouillon Sweepstakes
Right now you can win one of nine $50 Visa Giftcards or a Better Than Bouillon Grand Prize in the Better Than Bouillon Sweepstakes!
The Better Than Bouillon Grand Prize includes a $50 Visa Giftcard Plus a Better Than Bouillon Variety Gift Pack, which includes flavors of Chicken, Vegetable, Chili, Beef and Garlic.
I-C will randomly select winners from all program entries and will facilitate fulfillment of the winning prizes 9 winners.Better Than Bouillon Sweepstakes
I know you will love this 30 Minute Chicken Tortilla Soup as much as my family does.
30 Minute Chicken Tortilla Soup
This delicious and filling Chicken Tortilla Soup is ready in just 30 minutes but tastes like it has been cooking all day! Perfect for cold nights this winter!
- 1 cup carrot matchsticks
- 1 small bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup mild salsa
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Better Than Bouillon - Roasted Chicken Flavor
- 4 cups water
- 5 corn tortillas , cut in to strips
- 1 package liquid fajita seasoning
- 1 rotisserie chicken
- In a large pot begin by sauteeing carrots and bell pepper in olive oil until soft.
- Add in salsa, Better Than Bouillon and water and bring to a boil.
- Add in liquid fajita seasoning and allow to boil for 10 minutes.
- While that boils, cut tortillas into strips and shred chicken.
- Add tortillas to soup and stir until tortillas begin to dissolve.
- Add in shredded chicken and let cook for 5 minutes.
- Serve hot topped with your favorites - sour cream, avocado, and cheese!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 239Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 59mgSodium: 829mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 3gSugar: 4gProtein: 19g
Tonya Mcminn says
I'm most excited to try the ham base!!!
Terri S. says
I’d love b try the chicken flavor first.
Bonita Courtney says
I have used "Better Than Bouillon" before and it is definitely better than the little cubes in foil or even chicken broth because it adds more flavor. However I have only used the Chicken Base so I'll keep an eye out for the other flavors as well, excited to check those out! Thanks for the Tortilla Soup Recipe, I'll be making that this week for a easy week night dinner!
Diane Sallans says
that Mushroom base looks interesting!