I am a boots girl year round. Maybe it comes from growing up in the South, but regardless of my wardrobe, I think nothing flatters more than a great pair of boots. But finding the perfect style boots for you can be tricky - and wearing the wrong boots can really throw things off. If you are a boots girl like me - or maybe even just thinking about becoming one - here is an article I found about which boot style will work best for you!
New to Wearing Boots? Here’s What You Need to Know
Boots are a wardrobe essential that may seem universally flattering. As it turns out, particular boot styles flatter individual body types better than others. Choosing the best style depends on your frame, shape, weight, and height. While this may seem daunting, it just means some alternatives better complement your figure.
Boots for Every Body Type
If you are new to wearing boots and searching for a style to make you seem sexier or thinner, the trick is finding the one that best suits your body type. This means that understanding your overall body shape is tremendously important when it comes to selecting the best style of boot. For example, the ideal boot for women with apple-shaped bodies is a wedge bootie, which serves as a visual anchor to elongate their thighs. It also balances out their bodies by adding interest to their feet. Here are additional tips to help you select your ideal boot style.
- Muscular. Women with athletic, muscular legs enjoy showcasing their assets, and the best approach is selecting an ankle boot with a heel. The heel unmistakably supports and highlights the calf muscles and a low profile on top best displays the shapely legs. Moreover, a stiletto-heeled boot feminizes muscular body types, similar to boots with embellishments such as unusual cutouts or straps.
- Stout legs. For women with legs that are more on the stout side, adding height with an ankle-cut heeled boot provides length and the appearance of thinner thighs. A moderate high heel also produces remarkable muscle definition to help legs appear longer. Also, stretchy fabric or leather, elastic gussets, and buckles provide extra width. Further, an angled cuff creates a complimentary curve on the leg.
- Petite. Depending on the length of their legs, most petite women look fabulous in boots with a significant heel height. Heels or wedges visually lengthen the legs. For those with longer legs, over-the-knee boots are stunning. However, for shorter legged, petite women, ankle boots give the illusion of being taller. Choose a streamlined design with vertical accents to move the eye upward rather than side-to-side.
- Tall. They can increase their height even more with a medium-heeled riding boot, or choose to adhere to their original height with flatter alternatives. However, most fashionistas recommend that tall women embrace their natural height by wearing edgy, over-the-knee boots. Also, designs with some flexibility mold to the calves, such as a slim back-zip style. A bold color or three-dimensional details, including buckles or ruffles tend to make legs appear curvier.
- Slim legs. For those endowed with naturally slender legs, most of the boot styles will enhance and flatter. For instance, mid-calf length boots are ideal for women with slim calves, as this style visually widens leg sizes. That said, the over-the-knee or thigh-high boot is the sartorial crowning jewel because it provides the illusion of extra curves without distracting from envy-inducing legs.
- Hourglass. Those with an hourglass figure should search for sturdy boots such as those with a cone heel, which help keep the foot prostrate and provide balance. However, that does not mean height must be sacrificed. A cone heel paired with a platform produces extra lift, and a rounded toe mimics and accentuates curves. However, women with thicker legs should avoid calf-length boots. Choosing a boot style that hits just above the ankle is flattering and makes legs appear longer.
When considering the best boots and heel heights for different body types, make sure to analyze your shape to help determine which style will ultimately help balance it.
Styles That Accentuate and Flatter
Every stylish woman needs a great pair of boots in her closet regardless of the current trends. From barely-above-the-ankle to thigh-high styles, a huge variety of boot lengths are available. Curating your fashion options begins with determining the most flattering styles for your individual body type. A variety of adorable outfit possibilities with boots is infinite, despite the season. Depending on your style and your personal preference, boots can add appeal, comfort, and charm to nearly any wardrobe. Let your boot collection take center stage by mapping out the best runway styles that will ultimately flatter your individual shape.