Every couple of months I have had the chance to share with you some fun new recipes as part of the Country Crock Casserole Club. For as long as I can remember, Country Crock has adorned our family's dinner table and it has been fun to literally make up recipes which have all become staples in our meal plan. This month's casserole was no different – taking a few basic ingredients and creating a side dish that I have literally made three times since.
This post may contain affiliate links which means we receive a small commission at
no cost to you when you make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate, I may earn from
qualifying purchases. As an employee of Apogee, any affiliate links from our clients are at 0% commission and two-tiered referrals are at $0.
The inspiration for the California Medley Casserole began with the Thanksgiving Family Fave Veggie Casserole from the Country Crock website. I wanted to make it as low calorie as possible so I tweaked a few things, including using Country Crock Light, leaving out the cheese, and throwing in some whole wheat pasta. The result is a delicious, flavorful dish that my whole family enjoyed. This is a great dish for holidays as well as potluck meals because it is simple and inexpensive to make – even enough for a crowd. Try it out – I hope you love it as much as we do.
- 1/2 c Country Crock Light Spread, divided
- 2 tsp garlic salt, divided
- 1 package, (approx 8 cups) California Vegetable Medley, thawed
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 2 cups whole wheat rotini pasta, cooked
- 1/2 c grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°. Melt 1/4 cup Country Crock Light® Spread over medium-high heat in large nonstick skillet and cook onion and one tsp garlic salt, stirring occasionally, until golden brown, about 8 minutes. Stir in bread crumbs and cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly toasted, about 2 minutes; remove to bowl.
- Melt remaining 1/4 cup Spread in same skillet and add vegetables, cooked pasta, and remaining garlic salt; toss to coat. Pour 1/2 into shallow 2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with 1/2 of the Parmesan cheese and 1/2 of the crumb mixture. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Bake until heated through, about 25 minutes.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 411 Total Fat: 21g Saturated Fat: 8g Trans Fat: 1g Unsaturated Fat: 11g Cholesterol: 27mg Sodium: 1234mg Carbohydrates: 47g Fiber: 9g Sugar: 7g Protein: 12g