One meal I continuously struggle with is breakfast. Some days I wake up so hungry I could chew my pillow while others I forget to eat entirely until lunch time. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, so I knew I needed to find something that I would like to eat - even when I am not feeling particularly "hungry." I was on the hunt for a make ahead breakfast and I found Family Fun Magazine's Chia Seed Pudding. Not only does it look delicious, but chia seeds among the healthiest foods on the planet. Chia Seeds offer a ton of nutrients with very few calories, and also pack an antioxidant punch! Since they are relatively tasteless you can mix them with just about anything - making them a simple, healthy change you can begin right away. I love the idea of Chia Seed Pudding that I can make ahead and I can even change it up be garnishing it with whatever fruit or berry I might be in the mood for that day.
Chia Seed Pudding
MAKES 4 SERVINGS
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- ¼ cup honey
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup chia seeds
- 2 Tbs. sliced almonds, toasted
- Fresh blackberries, for garnish
- Measure out and whisk together the almond milk, honey, cinnamon, and vanilla extract in a medium bowl until well combined. Add the chia seeds and set aside for 15 minutes.
- Whisk the almond milk mixture again to redistribute any chia seeds that may have settled, then divide the mixture among four 6-oz. ramekins or small jars. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Serve topped with toasted almonds and fresh blackberries.
This is a great grab-and-go option for breakfast too. Whether I am sitting on the couch watching GMA (my normal morning routine) or heading out the door early I can nosh on this quickly and feel great. It is very filling even for a small amount! Super happy about this find, so I just had to share! Between this and my Low Carb Breakfast "Muffins" I make sure I at least eat a little something for breakfast!