When I first began on Pinterest, I spent what felt like 16 hours a day pinning recipes. At that time I truly did not know how to cook, and I was certain that Pinterest was going to change all of that.
This week though I wanted to stretch my culinary skills and try something a little more complex. I looked back over my pins from the early days and found one for a Chicken Marsala Pasta… except that the link was incorrect.
So I did a little more research, got the “jist” of the recipe, and headed off to the kitchen with the goal to to concoct a masterpiece… which is exactly what I did.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 can sliced mushrooms
- 1 small yellow onion, finely diced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 1/2 cups marsala cooking wine
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 box penne pasta
- Begin by cooking penne pasta according to package directions. Set aside when finished.
- In a large skillet, add 2 tablespoons of olive oil and heat to medium heat. Cook chicken completely until lightly browned on all sides. Move chicken to a plate and set aside.
- Add remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil to skillet and add diced onion, mushrooms, and minced garlic. Cook until onion is translucent and soft – about 5-7 minutes – stirring often to prevent sticking. Place chicken back in to skillet.
- Add in marsala, chicken broth, and whipping cream and bring to a boil. Turn heat down to medium and let simmer until sauce begins to thicken.
- Add in cooked pasta and stir gently. Let mixture continue to simmer about five minutes – stirring often.
- Finish by stirring in parmesan cheese and removing from heat. Let sit five minutes before serving. Voila!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 379 Total Fat: 23g Saturated Fat: 10g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 11g Cholesterol: 96mg Sodium: 610mg Carbohydrates: 12g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 2g Protein: 24g