When I first began on Pinterest, I spent what felt like 16 hours a day pinning recipes. At that time I truly did not know how to cook, and I was certain that Pinterest was going to change all of that.
Thankfully it did, and I have had huge successes like my Cowboy Casserole (that has also been repinned over ten thousand times) and my Simple Chicken Pot Pie which continues to be a family favorite.
This week though I wanted to stretch my culinary skills and try something a little more complex. I looked back over my pins from the early days and found one for a Chicken Marsala Pasta... except that the link was incorrect.
So I did a little more research, got the "jist" of the recipe, and headed off to the kitchen with the goal to to concoct a masterpiece... which is exactly what I did.
Chicken Marsala Pasta Recipe
Chicken Marsala Pasta is a hot savory dish full of flavor. Perfect for large family-style dinners or make ahead for weekly meal prep.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 can sliced mushrooms
- 1 small yellow onion, finely diced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 ½ cups marsala cooking wine
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 box penne pasta
- Begin by cooking penne pasta according to package directions. Set aside when finished.
- In a large skillet, add 2 tablespoons of olive oil and heat to medium heat. Cook chicken completely until lightly browned on all sides. Move chicken to a plate and set aside.
- Add remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil to skillet and add diced onion, mushrooms, and minced garlic. Cook until onion is translucent and soft – about 5-7 minutes – stirring often to prevent sticking. Place chicken back in to skillet.
- Add in marsala, chicken broth, and whipping cream and bring to a boil. Turn heat down to medium and let simmer until sauce begins to thicken.
- Add in cooked pasta and stir gently. Let mixture continue to simmer about five minutes – stirring often.
- Finish by stirring in parmesan cheese and removing from heat. Let sit five minutes before serving. Voila!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 379Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 96mgSodium: 610mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 0gSugar: 2gProtein: 24g
Leave a Reply