This Puerto Rican Shredded Pork Recipe is full of flavor! Simple ingredients make this healthy slow cooker meal a crowd favorite!
Normally when you think of CrockPot Recipes you do not think of healthy, Eat Clean meals. Most CrockPot recipes call for some variation of cream-of-something soup or premixed dressing seasoning packets.
So I was excited to find a recipe that I could tweak in this month's Family Circle Magazine - Puerto Rican Shredded Pork!
- 2-3 pound boneless pork roast, , trimmed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 large oranges juiced
- 3 limes juiced
- Warm olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Coat pork roast with garlic powder and brown in skillet on each side.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Place browned pork roast into CrockPot and pour liquid mixture over roast.
- Cook on low for 8 hours or on high for 5 hours.
- Remove pork and shred with fork on cutting board.
- Add shredded pork back in to CrockPot to let cook another 15-20 minutes.
- Serve in lettuce wraps topped with pico de gallo.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 730Total Fat: 51gSaturated Fat: 18gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 28gCholesterol: 204mgSodium: 352mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 3gSugar: 6gProtein: 54g