This Puerto Rican Shredded Pork Recipe is full of flavor! Simple ingredients make this healthy slow cooker meal a crowd favorite!
This post may contain affiliate links which means we receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Normally when you think of CrockPot Recipes you do not think of healthy, Eat Clean meals. Most CrockPot recipes call for some variation of cream-of-something soup or premixed dressing seasoning packets.
So I was excited to find a recipe that I could tweak in this month’s Family Circle Magazine – Puerto Rican Shredded Pork!
- 2-3 pound boneless pork roast, , trimmed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 2 large oranges juiced
- 3 limes juiced
- Warm olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Coat pork roast with garlic powder and brown in skillet on each side.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Place browned pork roast into CrockPot and pour liquid mixture over roast.
- Cook on low for 8 hours or on high for 5 hours.
- Remove pork and shred with fork on cutting board.
- Add shredded pork back in to CrockPot to let cook another 15-20 minutes.
- Serve in lettuce wraps topped with pico de gallo.