With the holidays upon us, I wanted to have some options for breakfast that would not derail my progress. I have seen Keto Bagels on Instagram and had to give them a try.
This post may contain affiliate links which means we receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
I absolutely love the ketogenic diet and have had great success since starting back
I did not think I was that much of a bread person – until I stopped eating it! It was one of those mindless side dishes I always grabbed and never really thought about.
Looking For More Keto Recipes? Check out my entire Library Here.
First, let me just say these do not have the exact texture or consistency of real bagels. They are a bit heavier but have much more flavor.
In the past I could easily polish off an entire bagel… with these, I can only eat half… especially once I cover it with butter and cream cheese… did I mention I love keto!?
The outsides get nice and crunchy while the inside stays soft – so perfect! You can even toast them to melt the cheese on top!
I plan to make a couple batches of these to keep in the freezer to pull out Christmas morning. Since everyone comes to our house and my family often asks about the keto diet, I think this is a perfect way to show them that you can just make a few modifications to the food you already love and still be successful. Total win-win!
I plugged this recipe into my favorite Keto Calculator App – Carb Manager – and it came up with the following macros:
Each Low Carb Bagel has 5 net carbs, 8 total carbs, 4 g fiber, 21 g fat, 15 g protein, and 281 calories.
Note: With any Keto Recipe you want to make sure you scan and calculate your specific ingredients as exact macros many vary depending on brands!
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 ½ cups of mozzarella cheese
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons of melted butter
- ½ cups coconut flour
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Lay foil or parchment paper on large cookie sheet.
- Combine the coconut flour and baking powder in a bowl. Set aside.
- Then, take the mozzarella and cream cheese and melt together in the microwave - stirring often.
- Stir in eggs, butter, and coconut mix until dough like.
- If the dough is dry add another egg.
- Roll out 6 pieces and make sure each piece is connecting to form a bagel shape. Place bagels onto cookie sheet.
- Bake for 12-16 minutes.
- Let cool before serving.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 295 Total Fat: 22g Saturated Fat: 12g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 7g Cholesterol: 150mg Sodium: 638mg Carbohydrates: 8g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 3g Protein: 16g