These quick and easy keto fish sticks are a kid-friendly keto meal perfect for busy weeknights! Made with simple ingredients this is a low carb fish recipe everyone will love.
This post may contain affiliate links which means we receive a small commission at
no cost to you when you make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate, I may earn from
qualifying purchases. As an employee of Apogee, any affiliate links from our clients are at 0% commission and two-tiered referrals are at $0.
Ever since I was a little girl I have loved fish sticks. I grew up in the 80's where fish sticks were a weeknight meal staple, and unlike many of my friends who now cringe at the thought, I would still eat fish sticks on the daily. However because store bought fish sticks are full of carbs and preservatives, I wanted to make keto fish sticks for both my family to enjoy.
Fish is a great protein to eat when on the keto diet because it is loaded with protein and vitamin D, but also a great source of omega-3 fatty acids, which are incredibly important for your body and brain function. Plus there are so many different types of fish recipes, you have endless options! For a more savory dish try my Baked Salmon with Lemon Parmesan Cream Sauce. It is keto too!
Looking For More Keto Recipes? Check out my entire Library Here.
The girls and I love keto fish sticks because they are so easy to make - using parmesan as a keto fish breading gives a great crunch but also tons of flavor. You can also experiment with seasonings in your parmesan mixture - I have added lemon pepper and even Cajun seasoning to give them a little bit of a kick!
I have also used coconut flour and THAT was also amazing - even though it was a bit higher in carbs. Since fish is naturally zero carb food, the carbs would only come from the breading - and whatever you decide to dip them in.
I will never buy store bought fish sticks again. These are not only healthier, but they have so much more flavor! This is a quick and easy kid friendly keto recipe perfect for busy weeknights!
I plugged this recipe into my favorite Keto Calculator App - Carb Manager - and it came up with the following macros:
Each serving of these Keto Fish Sticks has 4 net carbs, 7 total carbs, 3 g fiber, 26 g fat, 42 g protein, and 430 calories. This gives it an "A" rating.
Note: With any Keto Recipe you want to make sure you scan and calculate your specific ingredients as exact macros many vary depending on brands!
- 1 lb of fish, cod, tilapia, halibut filet, thawed if frozen
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 eggs, beaten with a splash of water
- 1 1/2 cups grated parmesan cheese
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Cut your fish into bite-sized nuggets or strips. Pat dry with a paper towel and set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl, beat together the eggs. In another bowl dump in your almond flour, and in a third bowl measure out the parmesan, salt & pepper.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Dip each fish nugget into the flour mixture. Shake off excess flour and dip into the egg bowl.
- Then dip into the parmesan to coat well and lay onto your baking sheet in a single layer. Continue with the rest of your nuggets.
- Bake for 18 – 20 minutes or until nicely browned.
- Serve with your favorite tartar sauce or try mixing 1/2 cup of may with 1 tablespoon of lemon pepper seasoning for a nice serving dip that's ready in a pinch.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 430Total Fat 26gSaturated Fat 10gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 20gCholesterol 245mgSodium 927mgCarbohydrates 7gFiber 3gSugar 1gProtein 42g