These quick and easy keto fish sticks are a kid-friendly keto meal perfect for busy weeknights! Made with simple ingredients this is a low carb fish recipe everyone will love.
Ever since I was a little girl I have loved fish sticks. I grew up in the 80's where fish sticks were a weeknight meal staple, and unlike many of my friends who now cringe at the thought, I would still eat fish sticks on the daily. However because store bought fish sticks are full of carbs and preservatives, I wanted to make keto fish sticks for both my family to enjoy.
Fish is a great protein to eat when on the keto diet because it is loaded with protein and vitamin D, but also a great source of omega-3 fatty acids, which are incredibly important for your body and brain function. Plus there are so many different types of fish recipes, you have endless options! For a more savory dish try my Baked Salmon with Lemon Parmesan Cream Sauce. It is keto too!
Looking For More Keto Recipes? Check out my entire Library Here.
The girls and I love keto fish sticks because they are so easy to make - using parmesan as a keto fish breading gives a great crunch but also tons of flavor. You can also experiment with seasonings in your parmesan mixture - I have added lemon pepper and even Cajun seasoning to give them a little bit of a kick!
I have also used coconut flour and THAT was also amazing - even though it was a bit higher in carbs. Since fish is naturally zero carb food, the carbs would only come from the breading - and whatever you decide to dip them in.
I will never buy store bought fish sticks again. These are not only healthier, but they have so much more flavor! This is a quick and easy kid friendly keto recipe perfect for busy weeknights!
I plugged this recipe into my favorite Keto Calculator App - Carb Manager - and it came up with the following macros:
Each serving of these Keto Fish Sticks has 4 net carbs, 7 total carbs, 3 g fiber, 26 g fat, 42 g protein, and 430 calories. This gives it an "A" rating.
Nutrition calculations are based on exact ingredients used and may vary between brands. For exact macro measurements, always calculate your own macros using the exact ingredients that you use.
- 1 lb of fish, cod, tilapia, halibut filet, thawed if frozen
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 eggs, beaten with a splash of water
- 1 ½ cups grated parmesan cheese
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Cut your fish into bite-sized nuggets or strips. Pat dry with a paper towel and set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl, beat together the eggs. In another bowl dump in your almond flour, and in a third bowl measure out the parmesan, salt & pepper.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Dip each fish nugget into the flour mixture. Shake off excess flour and dip into the egg bowl.
- Then dip into the parmesan to coat well and lay onto your baking sheet in a single layer. Continue with the rest of your nuggets.
- Bake for 18 – 20 minutes or until nicely browned.
- Serve with your favorite tartar sauce or try mixing ½ cup of may with 1 tablespoon of lemon pepper seasoning for a nice serving dip that's ready in a pinch.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 430Total Fat: 26gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 20gCholesterol: 245mgSodium: 927mgCarbohydrates: 7gNet Carbohydrates: 4gFiber: 3gSugar: 1gProtein: 42g
Nutrition calculations based on exact ingredients used and may vary between brands. For exact macro measurements, always calculate your own macros using the exact ingredients that you use.