This French Style Marinated Cheese Recipe will take your love of cheese to new heights!
Since starting the Ketogenic Lifestyle I have lost a considerable amount of weight while still enjoying all of my favorite foods - namely cheese!
This post may contain affiliate links which means we receive a small commission at
no cost to you when you make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate, I may earn from
qualifying purchases. As an employee of Apogee, any affiliate links from our clients are at 0% commission and two-tiered referrals are at $0.
I personally think everything tastes better with cheese on it, and while cheese is really the only dairy that I eat anymore, I have a true love affair for great tasting cheeses.
Recently I received an email about Jarlsberg® Cheese - a lactose-free and gluten-free cheese with a mild, nutty flavor. Jarlsberg® Cheese is loved by many top chefs like Celebrity Chef George Duran, host of TLC’s “Ultimate Cake Off” and Food Network’s “Ham on the Street" who created this delicious recipe for French-Style Marinated Cheese.
Needless to say, this beautiful dish will be adorning my holiday table this year.
One of the great things about this recipe is that it is so versatile - so you can add in other ingredients like fresh walnuts or dried fruits to fit your taste buds.
I fully intend on trying all kinds of
- 6 ounces Jarlsberg Original, Lite or Hickory Smoked Cheese
- 2 ounces black or green olives
- 1 small leek, bulb only (or small shallot)
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano or tarragon, or equivalent dried
- 1 teaspoon green or black peppercorns
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme, or equivalent dried
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 glass canning jar
- Cube cheese and thinly slice olives and leek. Finely chop oregano and peppercorns, and finely mince thyme and garlic.
- To make marinade: Whisk vinegar with oil, oregano, peppercorns, thyme and garlic. Layer cheese, olives and leeks inside jar. Cover with marinade and seal tightly.
- Place jar in refrigerator to marinate 1 day. For best results, use within 3 days.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 176Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 23mgSodium: 175mgCarbohydrates: 2gNet Carbohydrates: 1gFiber: 1gSugar: 0gProtein: 7g
Nutrition calculations based on exact ingredients used and may vary between brands. For exact macro measurements, always calculate your own macros using the exact ingredients that you use.