Recently I had the opportunity to try the new GODIVA Truffle Flights™ – a new collection of chocolate truffles that takes your taste buds on a journey through six delectable flavors – each one building in flavor and intensity as you go. (I know… it’s a tough job… but somebody’s gotta do it, right?!) Now, this doesn’t mean you have to sit down and eat all six truffles at one time… but you can!
“This fall, GODIVA Chocolatier introduces the first-ever Truffle Flights™ collection, an indulgent new tasting experience where every truffle tells a distinct story. With six unique flights featuring a mix of GODIVA’s new and most beloved truffles, the collection creates a memorable taste journey that lingers long after the chocolate has deliciously disappeared. Each flight features six hand selected truffles that are placed in order for the ideal tasting experience. Much like you would taste a wine flight, tasting a GODIVA Truffle flight is a progressive exploration of flavors, textures and aromas. Each box offers a deliciously rich taste journey, with a beginning, middle and end that consistently unveils new surprises, experiences and sensations.”
I had the pleasure of trying two of the GODIVA Truffle Flights™ – Dark Decadence and Ultimate Desserts. Being a chocolate lover and a bit of a chocolate snob, I was a bit worried I would not like some of the flavors in the collections, however, each one had such a smooth, rich flavor, I thoroughly enjoyed them all… what, I wasn’t supposed to eat all 12 in one sitting… its RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT PEOPLE. The Red Velvet was probably my favorite, but it is hard to choose because they are all amazing.
There are six GODIVA Truffle Flights™ in all – with five new never before seen truffles making their debut. The six Truffle Flight Collections include:
- Nut Lovers Truffle Flight™: Salted Almond, Hazelnut Crunch, Pecan Caramel, Butterscotch Walnut, Maple Walnut, Pistachio.
- Dark Decadence Truffle Flight™: Dark Vanilla Mousse, Chocolate Soufflé, 50% Dark Chocolate, Chocolate Lava Cake, 72% Extra Dark Chocolate, Aztec Spice
- Heavenly Mousse Truffle Flight™: Dark Vanilla Mousse, Milk Chocolate Mousse, Strawberry Mousse, Lemon Mousse, Peach Mousse and Café Au Lait Mousse
- Cake Truffle Flight™: Birthday Cake, Pineapple Hummingbird Cake, Cheesecake, Red Velvet Cake, Chocolate Lava Cake, Lemon Chiffon Cake.
- Ultimate Dessert Truffle Flight™: Chocolate Éclair, Crème Brulee, Red Velvet Cake, Chocolate Lava Cake, Tiramisu, Strawberry Crème Tarte
- Milk Chocolate Lovers Truffle Flight™: Chocolate Éclair, Milk Chocolate Mousse, Milk Chocolate, Butterscotch Walnut, Salted Almond, Hazelnut Crunch
Beginning August 29, 2013, GODIVA’s new collection of Truffle Flights™ will be sold at GODIVA Boutiques nationwide and will be available for purchase for $16.00 You can check out all of the details by visiting the GODIVA website – Godiva.com/Truffles !
Disclosure: I participated in this post on behalf of Burst Media. I was compensated for my time and commitment, but all opinions are my own. This post is sponsored by GODIVA.