Last week I was approached by Tuttorosso Tomatoes to talk about their newest promotion – #CelebrateYourTradition – where you can enter to win a prize package of $550 just for sharing one of your family’s favorite traditions and who inspired it! Since I have already shared my Dad’s Simple Spaghetti Recipe (in which I also use Tuttorosso Tomatoes) I decided to make one of Mike’s favorites – Chicken Parmesan. And since we are both wanting to eat healthier I made just a few small adjustments to bring down the calories, without giving up any of the flavor. What we ended up with was something all four of us agreed was the best meal to come out of my kitchen.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tsp dried Italian seasoning
- 1/2 c flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 3 egg whites
- 1/2 c water
- 2 cups Rice Chex cereal, , crushed
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 can Tuttorosso No Salt Added Crushed Tomatoes
- 1 c shredded low fat mozzarella cheese
- whole wheat pasta
- Preheat oven to 425*. In one bowl lightly beat egg whites and water together.
- In another bowl put flour, salt, and pepper.
- In another bowl, mix crushed Rice Chex with Italian seasoning.
- Working with one chicken breast at a time, first coat with flour, then dredge through egg white mixture and then place into the cereal mix and press until well coated on both sides.
- Put Olive oil into a large skillet and heat over medium heat.
- Place pieces of coated chicken into skillet and cook until chicken is just cooked through – about 3 minutes on each side.
- Then transfer chicken to a 9 x 13 baking dish and top each piece evenly with crushed tomatoes and mozzarella cheese.
- Bake until the cheese is melted and lightly browned and chicken is completely cooked – about 20-25 minutes.
- Serve over whole wheat pasta.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 633 Total Fat: 24g Saturated Fat: 6g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 16g Cholesterol: 118mg Sodium: 770mg Carbohydrates: 51g Fiber: 6g Sugar: 11g Protein: 54g
This meal was loved so much I know it is going to be a new “tradition” that we will do around here often. And since it is healthier than restaurant style chicken parmesan – we can feel better about making it from home. I can also attest to the fact that it is even better the next day – as I am sitting here having the leftovers for lunch! And according to my calculations in MyFitnessPal, each serving is less than 320 calories. Talk about Guilt Free Deliciousness!
Head over to the Tuttorosso Facebook Page to share your favorite family tradition and enter to win a prize pack worth over $550!