Make this Jack-O-Lantern Healthy Chicken Pot Pie Recipe for a fun and festive Halloween dinner!
This post may contain affiliate links which means we receive a small commission at
no cost to you when you make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate, I may earn from
qualifying purchases. As an employee of Apogee, any affiliate links from our clients are at 0% commission and two-tiered referrals are at $0.
I love Fall. It is my absolute favorite time of year. Though I don't like COLD weather, I do like nice crisp mornings and snuggling up with Mike in front of the fire in the evenings… following an amazingly tasty meal. This year I am already preparing for the holidays by making recipes that are as healthy as they are delicious – and even sometimes making myself a completely different meal than my family… after all, *I* am on this diet, not them.
Tonight I made my very first ever Chicken Pot Pie – a “healthy-ish” version for me, and a “normal” version for them. To be honest… I could not tell the difference between the two. Both of them were delicious and I am excited to have a new, simple meal to add to my repertoire.
- 1 1/2 c 2% milk
- 1 medium onion, , chopped
- 2 rotisserie chicken breasts – cubed
- 3 tbsp flour
- 1 tsp poultry seasoning
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 98 % fat free can cream of chicken soup
- assorted canned vegetables – corn, , lima beans, green beans, carrots, etc
- 2 pie crusts
- In a medium sauce pan, mix milk, pepper, flour, and poultry seasoning together over medium heat.
- Stir in chopped onion and cook about 4 minutes or until sauce is thickening and onions are soft.
- Add cream of chicken soup and mix well.
- Slowly add in cooked chicken and vegetables and mix well, lowering heat to low.
- Spoon mixture into empty pie crust. Gently lay second pie crust over top and using a sharp knife, cut out eyes, nose, and mouth and discard cutouts. Use extra dough to make a “stem” if desired.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until edges are bubbly and crust is browned.
- Serve hot.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 456Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 78mgSodium: 737mgCarbohydrates: 40gFiber: 4gSugar: 7gProtein: 29g
My Dad came over tonight and the five of us absolutely LOVED these pies. I do not know that I have ever eaten a chicken pot pie before, but after tasting this one, I know this will be something we make often during the cool nights of Fall and Winter. I wonder if I can cut a turkey into the top crust… hmmm…