I love a New Year. It’s a fresh start, a new beginning, time to wipe the slate clean and start over. I mean, how awesome is THAT?!
I have to say though, this is the first year I wasnt SO glad to see the previous year go by. 2011 was a very good year for me. Business has been amazing and the blog has grown more than I ever thought it could in just one year (thank you ALL for that!!) Mike and I have had a great year with the girls, going on some great family vacations and starting some new traditions with new friends. We have made our house more of a home, and enjoyed just being together. My life changed a lot in 2011 between the many trips to Texas, a few eye opening experiences, and slowing down enough to learn more of what is important in life…. basically learning that the first 30 years of my life I didnt have a CLUE lol
Anyways, as I look into 2012 I am REALLY excited about all that is to come. I have a lot of really amazing work opportunities this year, and hope to have some really exciting personal news in the near future (wink wink) so I figured it was time to actually write out my Resolutions – even a few days late.
1. Eat 100% clean by my birthday. I would say I am at about 90% right now. I still love my milk and cheese. And Season All Salt… I am not sure I can ever go without that. However I will say that I have felt SO much better that I know I will go ahead and go the rest of the leap. Eating Clean is really a lot easier than it sounds – which I have been happily surprised by. I have also been drinking no less than 64 ounces of water per day. That alone is amazing. (and probably the reason why even after the holidays I am sitting here in my second pair of goal jeans)
2. No wine in January. Ok, this is not really a Resolution – maybe more of a revolution – but I have made a pact with my friend Natalie to not drink ANY wine until at least January 28th where she will be celebrating her hubby’s birthday, and I will be out celebrating Christy’s birthday – so we get to “cheat” that night. We figure we will both have been so “dry” that we will have one glass and fall over on the 28th lol
3. DOUBLE the members on my membership site. Hey, go Bold or go home, right!? I truly have the best community of women in the world that I work with. And I know that the kind of training and support that my community offers would benefit everyone who really gets involved. So this year I plan to double the amount of members that I have right now. It has taken me a couple years to get to where I am now, but with the momentum we have right now, I bet I can double it before 2013!
4. Blog consistently. This is my “outlet” to be as creative or snarky as I want to be, and its really pretty therapeutic when I spend just even an hour a day thinking about this blog and not business. Although it is a Resolution to blog consistently on the work blog as well. I have really enjoyed working with all of the Reps and stuff this year, so I look forward to trying out new Cake Pop concoctions, creating new Pinterest masterpieces, and sharing some really cool products.
5. Spend more time with Mike and the Girls. In the last few months I have spent way more time with my family than I had in the months before, and it has been fantastic. I learned that the World does not end if an order is placed and I am not there to receive it. Or that my Divas are actually incredibly patient and do not send an email and then sit in front of their computer waiting for a response
like I sometimes do. I also learned that even if they do, when I tell them I was spending time with my family, they are totally understanding and supportive. I did mention I have the best community ever right?
6. Spend more time on me. I used to hate being quiet. I used to hate being still. I had to keep my body or my brain moving at all times… usually running from one thing to another putting out fires or trying to avoid another fire that was burning. Silence used to be very uncomfortable for me, because my “inner demons” would start to sneak out and self doubt would consume me. Now though I revel in silence. I love sitting in my living room, with nothing on but the ceiling fan, reading a book or flipping through a magazine. I can not TELL you what this has done for my anxiety level. My back hasnt gone out in months *knock on wood*, no headaches, sleeping better…. I think the combination of eating clean and relaxing more has probably added 10 years to my life! This year I am going to spend more time being quiet.
7. Get my iPhone App created. This is something that my community has been begging for, and I am just not quite sure how to go about getting it done. If anyone reading this can help point me in the right direction, I would really appreciate it!
8. Get the Tween braces. *Hopefully* she will loose that last remaining stubborn tooth so we can get her fitted for braces this year. I know that ever since I got my braces off I have been very proud of my smile, and I want her to feel the same way heading into high school. Any tips for how to get a tooth to fall out? lol
9. Revive my vegetable garden, and stick with it this year. Last year my poor little garden really never quite got going. I blame in part my crazy Texas schedule, but also just simply my lack of time spent tending to it when I was in town. So this year I plan to start early, strip the whole area and get it truly prepped and ready, and maybe spend some of that quiet time mentioned above in my garden instead of on my couch.
10. Finish a 5k. There, I said it. I said this last year, but my surgery in June really threw me off from being able to train for it. I was on a roll until I got that news. However I know that I should have begun training as soon as I was cleared from that – and I didnt – so no excuses this year. Although I may have to join the gym for their treadmill considering it was 28* this morning. My “theme” for this year is FINISHING, so this is one thing that I am set to FINISH in 2012.
So that’s it – those are my 10 Resolutions for 2012. They all seem pretty simple to me, so I am excited to start marking them off as FINISHED!
Did you set Resolutions this year? What are some of yours?