This Keto Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Chicken is so easy to make and is full of flavor – without being full of carbs!
This post may contain affiliate links which means we receive a small commission at
no cost to you when you make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate, I may earn from
qualifying purchases. As an employee of Apogee, any affiliate links from our clients are at 0% commission and two-tiered referrals are at $0.
Ever since my family and I began the keto diet last year, I have enjoyed finding low carb recipes that are easy to make and that everyone loves. Bacon Wrapped Chicken became a favorite early on, so I wanted to add a bit more flavor to change it up.
I think my favorite part about this recipe is that it is ingredients that I literally always have on hand. So even in a pinch I can throw it together and have a nutritious meal everyone loves. If you are looking for low carb dinner ideas, this one is perfect.
Looking For More Keto Recipes? Check out my entire Library Here.
First of all, I am not sure why I have not always used a meat tenderizer on chicken breasts. Not only is it amazing stress relief, but it truly does make the chicken so much more tender! I have started using this thing for all of my keto chicken recipes!
Once you have tenderized your chicken, simply stuff, secure, and wrap! Voila! Perfect stuffed chicken breast! I mix this recipe with garlic and onion powder, but you can also add in some red pepper flakes to give it a kick!
One thing to make sure – when you are securing the chicken with toothpicks, make sure you do to put them too close to the edge of the meat. Since you have tenderized it you have to make sure you give it enough to keep a secure hold.
The same is true for the bacon. Even though you will be starting with it partially cooked – a huge part of the success for bacon wrapped chicken breasts – it will tear easily if there is not enough to hold.
Then all you have to do is bake and your dinner is ready! How simple is that?! You can even make these ahead of time or take them to throw on the grill at a party. I have often brought my own food to cookouts to make sure my meal was keto friendly at a cookout.
Pair with your favorite low carb veggies for the perfect low carb meal! This is great for weekly meal prep too as it heats up perfectly and the cream cheese gets all warm and delicious! Like I said, this quickly became one of our favorite low carb meals for sure!
According to my favorite Keto App Carb Manager, each chicken breast has approximately 4 grams of net carbs and 35 grams of protein! That is almost perfect keto percentages! I love when a keto meal tastes great AND is perfectly matched to my goals!
Note: With any Keto Recipe you want to make sure you scan and calculate your specific ingredients as exact macros many vary depending on brands!
- 4 medium boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 6 oz cream cheese, softened
- 8 oz frozen spinach, thawed and patted dry
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- salt & pepper
- 10 slices of bacon, partially cooked
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Partially cook the 10 slices of bacon, you don't want them crispy but you want them cooked about halfway.
- Use a meat tenderizer to flatten the chicken breasts and salt & pepper them.
- Combine the cream cheese, thawed spinach, onion powder and garlic powder mixing well.
- Gently spread the mixture in the middle of each chicken breast and gently roll it up. Secure with 1-2 toothpicks.
- Gently wrap 2-3 bacon slices around the chicken breast and secure with toothpicks. I gently removed the previous toothpick and re-inserted to hold the bacon and chicken together.
- Once the chicken breasts are stuffed and wrapped, place in a baking dish.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes or until cooked through.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 503Total Fat: 30gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 173mgSodium: 836mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 2gSugar: 2gProtein: 52g