This Keto Chicken Noodle Soup will warm your body and soul without blowing your daily macros!
This post may contain affiliate links which means we receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
It seems like the entire country is under a freeze warning right now. Even down here in Florida, we are experiencing some of the coldest temperatures in decades. With weather like this, all I want to do is curl up and hibernate with a good book and a bowl of soup.
Since going keto I have missed soup – especially Chicken Noodle. In an attempt to recreate my favorite I have come up with a close alternative. While it isn’t exact – it is darn close. And it is perfect for nights like these.
Looking For More Keto Recipes? Check out my entire Library Here.
I love a chicken soup full of chicken, but you have to have those noodles to really bring it all together. I wanted something to take the place of noodles but with added benefits to make this a powerhouse soup.
Hearts of Palm is very low in Cholesterol and a good source of Protein, Riboflavin, and Potassium, as well as Dietary Fiber, Vitamin C, Folate, Calcium, Iron, Magnesium, Phosphorus, Zinc, Copper, and Manganese.
It *is* one of those ingredients you want to measure properly so you do not go over on your macros, but used sparingly they can give just enough of that “noodle” feel without all of the processed flour from traditional noodles.
If you are searching for keto-friendly recipes to create throughout the cool fall and winter this noodle-less chicken noodle soup is the stuff keto dreams are made of.
Hearty, comforting, and delicious it is a must-have in your rotation. I recommend making a double or triple batch and freezing single servings to have on hand.
Hearts of palm add just a few carbs to the whole pot of soup but give you that noodle taste and texture you may have been missing.
I plugged this recipe into my favorite Keto Calculator App – Carb Manager – and it came up with the following macros:
Each serving of this Keto Chicken “Noodle” Soup has 2 net carbs, 2 total carbs, 0 g fiber, 7 g fat, 9 g protein and 113 calories.
Note: With any Keto Recipe you want to make sure you scan and calculate your specific ingredients as exact macros many vary depending on brands!
- 1 ½ cups cooked chicken, cubed
- 4 cups chicken broth
- ½ can hearts of palm
- ½ small onion
- 2 celery stalks
- 4 baby carrots, optional
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1 tsp parsley
- 1 tsp basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Oil for sauteing
- Finely dice onions, celery, and carrots. Carrots are a carbier veggie, it’s up to you if you want to use them or not, I only used 4 small baby carrots for my entire pot of soup because I wanted a traditional chicken soup flavor and it was worth the little bit of carbs they added to the pot for me.
- Cut hearts of palm into long thin strips to resemble noodles, they are a bit stringy and will come apart more when they cook down a bit so I like to leave mine a little larger to get an egg noodle texture.
- In a large pot saute onions, celery, and carrots in a small amount of oil until softened and caramelized.
- Add the chicken stock, herbs, hearts of palm, and diced chicken to your sauteed veggies.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered for 20 minutes.
- Salt and pepper to taste.