It may only be September, but I am already thinking ahead and planning my Keto Friendly Thanksgiving.
I think planning ahead is the way to not go completely off the rails with your eating during the holidays, so I have begun tasting out different sides so that when everyone comes over I will still please the crowd… while keeping it really low carb.
I have had Bacon Wrapped Asparagus before and it was always just… missing something. I started experimenting and came up with the perfect way to cook up this delicious side dish… and we have been hooked ever since.
This post may contain affiliate links which means we receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Looking For More Keto Recipes? Check out my entire Library Here.
I am convinced that you can wrap pretty much anything in bacon and improve it by 200%. Considering that I love asparagus anyway wrapping it in bacon was just the icing on the keto friendly cake!
The crisp saltiness of the bacon and seasoning pairs amazingly with the mild flavor and soft texture of the asparagus and makes a great side, but I have been known to enjoy a whole tray as a meal!
This easy, fast, and delicious recipe is low carb, gluten-free, and keto so you can let the guilt go while you enjoy!
I plugged this recipe into my favorite Keto Calculator App – Carb Manager – and it came up with the following macros:
Each serving of Bacon Wrapped Asparagus has 3 net carbs, 5 total carbs, 2 g fiber, 28 g fat, 10 g protein, and 310 calories.
Note: With any Keto Recipe you want to make sure you scan and calculate your specific ingredients as exact macros many vary depending on brands!
- 1/2 pound Bacon
- 1 bunch Asparagus, fresh
- 2 tsp Coarse sea salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Garlic salt
- 2 Tbsp butter
- Preheat oven to 400℉.
- Cover a baking pan in aluminum foil for easy clean up.
- If you have the fatter asparagus stems bundle 2 together, for the thinner ones you can bundle 3 or 4. Start at the end and wrap bacon around tightly up to the tips.
- Spread over prepared pan, leaving a couple inches between each one so that the heat can cook it each bundle evenly.
- Sprinkle bundles with sea salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl melt butter and whisk in garlic salt and drizzle over each bundle.
- Bake for 15 minutes then turn broiler on to give it an extra crispy finish.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 319 Total Fat: 26g Saturated Fat: 10g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 14g Cholesterol: 71mg Sodium: 2362mg Carbohydrates: 1g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 0g Protein: 19g