Keto Spaghetti and Meatballs is the perfect keto comfort food to help keep you on track with the keto lifestyle. Keto Meatballs are great for weekly meal prep because they reheat so easily!
When I chose to make the transition to a more low carb way of eating, I knew the only way I was going to get my family on board was if I kept our meals as "normal" as possible.
After all, this isn't the first "diet" I have put them through over the years, but after having great success with it over the last few months I knew this was going to be my new normal, and I wanted my family to enjoy the same health benefits that I was.
One of my favorite dishes since I was a little girl has been spaghetti and meatballs, so I was determined to find a low carb alternative.
The first obstacle was replacing the breadcrumbs in the meatballs and the second was finding a substitute for the pasta! I was skeptical about the shirataki noodles - how on earth could a root take the place of glorious pasta!? - but I was pleasantly surprised that not only did they taste very similar, but the consistency was similar as well.
They aren't quite as "al dente" as I like - but they are close enough considering they have less than 10 calories and only 1 net carb per serving!
Transitioning to a lower carb lifestyle does not have to be painful, and with a little bit of creativity, you can get pretty darn close to those traditional meals you grew up on... just a much healthier version!
These Keto Spaghetti and Meatballs are so full of flavor you won't even notice they are lacking in the carbs... that is until your clothes start getting baggy 😉
Keto "Spaghetti" and Meatballs
This is a simple and delicious low carb version of your favorite spaghetti and meatballs recipe!
For The Meatballs:
- 1 lb ground beef
- ½ cup finely crushed pork rinds
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
For The Sauce:
- 1 pkg Shirataki Noodles
- 1 28oz can peeled whole tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon onion
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 Tbs red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup olive oil
To Prepare the Meatballs:
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large bowl, combine the ground beef, crushed pork rinds, egg, garlic powder, and onion powder.
- Form into 1" balls and place on a baking sheet lined with a Silpat or parchment paper (or mini muffin tray).
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or the internal temperature reaches 165F on a meat thermometer.
For The Spaghetti and Sauce
- Start by adding all of the sauce ingredients to a blender and pulsing until it is the consistency you prefer.
- Pour the sauce into a medium saucepan and simmer over medium heat for about 10 minutes.
- While the sauce is simmering, prepare the noodles according to package instructions.
- Assemble the noodles, sauce, and meatballs in serving bowls. Serve hot.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 345Total Fat: 24gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 101mgSodium: 332mgCarbohydrates: 7gNet Carbohydrates: 5gFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 25g
Nutrition calculations based on exact ingredients used and may vary between brands. For exact macro measurements, always calculate your own macros using the exact ingredients that you use.
Douglas Jones says
I am about to starve looking at this!
Saim Aksr says
Yummy! 🙂 i will give a try, it looks delicious by pictures