Keto Spaghetti and Meatballs is the perfect keto comfort food to help keep you on track with the keto lifestyle. Keto Meatballs are great for weekly meal prep because they reheat so easily!
This post may contain affiliate links which means we receive a small commission at
no cost to you when you make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate, I may earn from
qualifying purchases. As an employee of Apogee, any affiliate links from our clients are at 0% commission and two-tiered referrals are at $0.
When I chose to make the transition to a more low carb way of eating, I knew the only way I was going to get my family on board was if I kept our meals as “normal” as possible.
After all, this isn't the first “diet” I have put them through over the years, but after having great success with it over the last few months I knew this was going to be my new normal, and I wanted my family to enjoy the same health benefits that I was.
One of my favorite dishes since I was a little girl has been spaghetti and meatballs, so I was determined to find a low carb alternative.
The first obstacle was replacing the breadcrumbs in the meatballs and the second was finding a substitute for the pasta! I was skeptical about the shirataki noodles – how on earth could a mushroom take the place of glorious pasta!? – but I was pleasantly surprised that not only did they taste very similar, but the consistency was similar as well.
They aren't quite as “al dente” as I like – but they are close enough considering they have less than 10 calories and only 1 net carb per serving!
Transitioning to a lower carb lifestyle does not have to be painful, and with a little bit of creativity, you can get pretty darn close to those traditional meals you grew up on… just a much healthier version!
These Keto Spaghetti and Meatballs are so full of flavor you won't even notice they are lacking in the carbs… that is until your clothes start getting baggy 😉
For The Meatballs:
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 cup finely crushed pork rinds
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
For The Sauce:
- 1 pkg Shirataki Noodles
- 1 28oz can peeled whole tomatoes
- 1 tsp onion
- 1 tsp garlic
- 2 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp parsley
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 Tbs red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
To Prepare the Meatballs:
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large bowl, combine the ground beef, crushed pork rinds, egg, garlic powder, and onion powder.
- Form into 1" balls and place on a baking sheet lined with a Silpat or parchment paper (or mini muffin tray).
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or the internal temperature reaches 165F on a meat thermometer.
For The Spaghetti and Sauce
- Start by adding all of the sauce ingredients to a blender and pulsing until it is the consistency you prefer.
- Pour the sauce into a medium saucepan and simmer over medium heat for about 10 minutes.
- While the sauce is simmering, prepare the noodles according to package instructions.
- Assemble the noodles, sauce, and meatballs in serving bowls. Serve hot.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 345 Total Fat: 24g Saturated Fat: 7g Trans Fat: 1g Unsaturated Fat: 15g Cholesterol: 101mg Sodium: 332mg Carbohydrates: 7g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 4g Protein: 25g