Did you know that August 24th is National Waffle Day?! Yep, breakfast lovers everywhere will be celebrating this sweet holiday, including The Hotel Saugatuck in Saugatuck, Michigan. Their amazing chefs have created a delicious Lemon Ricotta Waffle with Mascarpone and Blueberries recipe that they're offering guests to mark the delicious holiday. You can make it at home with their recipe below! And if you are looking for a beautiful place to stay in Michigan, be sure to check out The Hotel Saugatuck!
photo credit: Farrell A. Leo
- 1 ½ c flour
- ¼ c sugar
- 1 T baking powder
- ½ t baking soda
- ½ t salt
- 2 eggs
- ½ c ricotta cheese
- ½ c buttermilk
- ½ c whole milk
- 2 T melted butter
- Zest from 1 lemon
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 8 oz. mascarpone
- 1 T lemon curd
- 1 Pt Blueberries, for garnish
- In a large mixing bowl, mix flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- In separate large bowl, whisk eggs, ricotta cheese, buttermilk, whole milk and butter and lemon juice together.
- Mix in lemon zest to the wet mixture.
- Pour wet mixture into the dry mixture and stir until smooth.
- Cook according to waffle iron instructions.
For The Mascarpone Mixture
- In a small bowl, blend lemon curd into mascarpone
- Place cooked waffle on plate and top with mascarpone and blueberries.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 459Total Fat: 26gSaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 137mgSodium: 860mgCarbohydrates: 46gFiber: 2gSugar: 18gProtein: 11g
About The Hotel Saugatuck
The Hotel Saugatuck is an 18-room luxury bed and breakfast with stunning views of Lake Kalamazoo, offering modern amenities, mere blocks from the vintage reminiscent small-town of Saugatuck, Michigan, and minutes from Douglas. Built in 1865, The Hotel Saugatuck, formerly the Twin Gables Inn, is the only original mill in the area still standing from the busy lumbering era. It is now comprised of a dozen rooms in the historic hotel and three duplex cottages, each with two guestrooms. All rooms feature king sized beds, private bathrooms, Jason Hydrotherapy Tubs with Micro-silk Technology, in-room breakfast, in-room dessert, fireplaces, and individual climate control. Privacy and individual attention define The Hotel Saugatuck experience.