This Zucchini Pizza Casserole is a family favorite for everyone - whether on the keto lifestyle or not! Hot and bubbly and filled with all of your favorite flavors, it is the ultimate keto comfort food.
When Mike and I met he told me his favorite food in the whole world was pizza. I laughed, thinking I like pizza too... but I vastly underestimated just how much he loved it. It seemed like every time I asked what he wanted to eat - the answer was always pizza.
When we decided to start eating healthier I knew the only way I could get him on board was to still let him have his favorite thing...just a healthier version of it.
I started experimenting, and this Low Carb Zucchini Pizza Casserole was born!
Looking For More Keto Recipes? Check out my entire Library Here.
The zucchini baked up as kind of the "crust" of a pizza for this casserole, and you can put whatever toppings you want to make your perfect pizza! I went easy on him and added just hamburger and pepperoni along with our favorite low carb pizza sauce.
Or check out How To Make Pizza Sauce using tomato paste from my friend Amiyrah for a super clean recipe that tastes great and is even lower in carbs!
You can also mix in toppings like bell peppers, mushrooms, and more! No matter how you "top" it, this Low Carb Pizza Casserole is sure to be a family favorite!
Is your mouth watering yet?! This dish is not just amazing the day you make it - but we made enough to take for lunch the next day and I swear it was even better reheated.
Now I keep pretty much all of the ingredients on hand for any time that pizza mood strikes... which is often. When my Keto Pizza Chips do not do the trick, this Low Carb Pizza Casserole is just exactly what we need!
I plugged this recipe into my favorite Keto Calculator App - Carb Manager - and it came up with the following macros:
Each serving of this Keto Zucchini Pizza Casserole has 5 net carbs, 7 total carbs, 2 g fiber, 19 g fat, 19 g protein, and 273 calories!
Nutrition calculations are based on exact ingredients used and may vary between brands. For exact macro measurements, always calculate your own macros using the exact ingredients that you use.
- 4 cups shredded unpeeled zucchini
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 pound ground beef
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 2 cups Rao's Low Carb Pizza Sauce
- Preheat oven to 400°. Place the shredded zucchini in a colander, sprinkle with about a tablespoon of salt, and toss.
- Let sit 10 minutes, then squeeze out moisture by dumping the zucchini into a kitchen towel pulling up the ends and squeezing out all of the moisture.
- Combine zucchini with eggs in a large bowl.
- Press the zucchini mixture into two 9x9in pans (or two pie dishes or a 13x9in baking dish).
- Bake 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, cook beef and onion over medium heat, crumbling beef as you cook it.
- Drain the fat from the pan and stir in the spaghetti sauce and spoon the mixture over the zucchini crust.
- Sprinkle with the mozzarella.
- Bake until heated through, about 20 minutes longer.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 273Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 111mgSodium: 571mgCarbohydrates: 7gNet Carbohydrates: 5gFiber: 2gSugar: 5gProtein: 19g
Nutrition calculations based on exact ingredients used and may vary between brands. For exact macro measurements, always calculate your own macros using the exact ingredients that you use.