It may be starting to cool off in some parts of the country – but here in Florida, it is still CRAZY hot. We are looking forward to some cooler days, but until then I am still enjoying summerlike days and cold, refreshing meals – like this delicious Mediterranean Chickpea Salad that is easy to throw together and absolutely exploding with flavor! Personally, I think everything should have feta cheese, but that is only one flavor of this Greek-inspired dish.
This post may contain affiliate links which means we receive a small commission at
no cost to you when you make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate, I may earn from
qualifying purchases. As an employee of Apogee, any affiliate links from our clients are at 0% commission and two-tiered referrals are at $0.
Chickpeas are a great base for cold salads during the hot summer months because they are a great source of fiber and protein without being high in calories. Plus they will keep you fuller, longer and are a mild flavor so you can really be creative with what you mix them with. In this Mediterranean Chickpea Salad the feta, lemon, and olives are… well simply perfection.
I love how easy this salad is to throw together, and since it includes ingredients I almost always have on hand, it is great for taking to parties and events. It also saves great in the refrigerator and like most things – it is even tastier the second day. If you are looking for a delicious cold salad that is filling won't make you feel guilty!
- 2 cans chickpeas, aka garbanzo beans, drained
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper
- 3/4 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 3 green onions, sliced thin
- about 3/4 cup kalamata olives, halved
- 1/3 cup feta, crumbled
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tbs. lemon juice
- 1 tbs. red wine vinegar
- 2 tbs. Greek yogurt, plain yogurt or sour cream can be subbed in
- 1/4 tsp. cumin
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the chickpeas, parsley, bell pepper, cherry tomatoes, green onions, olives, and feta.
- In a small mixing bowl combine the dressing ingredients, and pour over the chickpea mixture.
- Toss to coat and serve.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.