This Mediterranean Chickpea Salad is a delicious cold salad full of flavor and nutrients.
It may be starting to cool off in some parts of the country - but here in Florida, it is still CRAZY hot. We are looking forward to some cooler days, but until then I am still enjoying summerlike days and cold, refreshing meals - like this delicious Mediterranean Chickpea Salad that is easy to throw together and absolutely exploding with flavor!
Personally, I think everything should have feta cheese, but that is only one flavor of this Greek-inspired dish.
Chickpeas are a great base for cold salads during the hot summer months because they are a great source of fiber and protein without being high in calories.
Plus they will keep you fuller, longer and are a mild flavor so you can really be creative with what you mix them with. In this Mediterranean Chickpea Salad the feta, lemon, and olives are... well simply perfection.
I love how easy this salad is to throw together, and since it includes ingredients I almost always have on hand, it is great for taking to parties and events.
It also saves great in the refrigerator and like most things - it is even tastier the second day. If you are looking for a delicious cold salad that is filling won't make you feel guilty!
Mediterranean Chickpea Salad
This Mediterranean Chickpea Salad is a refreshingly delicious and filling salad - perfect for summer gatherings.
- 2 cans chickpeas, aka garbanzo beans, drained
- ¼ cup parsley, chopped
- ½ cup red bell pepper
- ¾ cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 3 green onions, sliced thin
- about ¾ cup kalamata olives, halved
- ⅓ cup feta, crumbled
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tbs. lemon juice
- 1 tbs. red wine vinegar
- 2 tbs. Greek yogurt, plain yogurt or sour cream can be subbed in
- ¼ tsp. cumin
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the chickpeas, parsley, bell pepper, cherry tomatoes, green onions, olives, and feta.
- In a small mixing bowl combine the dressing ingredients, and pour over the chickpea mixture.
- Toss to coat and serve.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 230Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 8mgSodium: 159mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 6gSugar: 6gProtein: 8g
Diego Lopes says
Wow, this mediterranean salad looks super delicious! I love the ingredients you used. I can't wait to try it myself!