With Summer just eight days away (yes, I am counting down… I think I am more excited than the girls are) I have already started thinking about everything that I want to do this year. This Summer is a pretty big deal – as The Teen heads off to high school in the Fall, meaning this will probably be our last completely “free” Summer before all of the extra curriculars kick in…. and I fully expect to take advantage of that!
- Take Mike Snuba diving. This was totally the highlight of my Brandcation weekend – besides getting to see all of my friends of course.
- Take the family to Big Kahunas. I am so excited to have the opportunity to show you all Big Kahunas. I have been going there every Summer for what seems like a hundred years – we even had our “Project Graduation” there many moons ago. There are few things better than spending a day floating around the Lazy River.
- Go Tubing. I absolutely love going tubing. Pack up a cooler, take your waterproof camera, slather on some sunscreen and you are ready to go. Trisha and Mike and I went a few times before Phoenyx was born, and it was the highlight of that Summer.
- Spend a weekend at the Cabin with the family. I absolutely love it up there and we do not go near enough. In fact I am not sure we made it up there one single weekend last Summer. Sad. Going to remedy that this year.
- Spend a day at Charlie’s U-Pick Farm. The second best part about going to the cabin is going to Charlie’s. I have never seen anything like it. Just acre after acre of vegetable gardens. AMAZING.
- Monthly Kmetz Family Beach Days. We did this last Summer and it was fantastic. I love spending the day with my family though – so neat to have brothers and sisters and nieces and nephews… I love being an only child, but I missed out on a lot. So thankful Mike has a nice big family.
- Lose 20 pounds. Hey, it’s my list – I can put it on there if I want to. And besides, if I don’t put it out there to be accountable for it, I will never do it. I am too content where I am. Time to get motivated… again.
- Go camping – just the two of us. Now, while it is true that my idea of “roughing it” is a hotel that doesn’t offer room service, I do like the idea of getting COMPLETELY “unplugged” for a few days… or at least hours. There are some really great camp grounds around here with nice little romantic bungalows that are really reasonable to rent. What? You thought I meant in a TENT!?! Come on now.
- Replace the sliding glass door. Ok, so silly to put it on a bucket list, but its the LAST “home improvement” thing we have been wanting to do and it will be nice to check it off the list. We’ve gotten all new appliances, replaced all of the floors, painted the house… the sliding glass door will finish it off.
- RELAX. I need a reminder of this some times. Running a business by myself and helping to run a handful of others can easily a workaholic make. It is a blessing and a curse to absolutely love your job – since it never feels like “work” I see no problem with doing it…ALL.THE.TIME. But this Summer I plan to relax – a lot – because I know it will only get busier when the Fall comes.
What is on your Bucket List for Summer?