These Simple Patriotic Donuts the perfect Fourth of July breakfast idea to get the day started off right!
This post may contain affiliate links which means we receive a small commission at
no cost to you when you make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate, I may earn from
qualifying purchases. As an employee of Apogee, any affiliate links from our clients are at 0% commission and two-tiered referrals are at $0.
In just a few weeks we will be celebrating one of my favorite holidays - Independence Day! Even though the girls are gone I still like to make something fun and delicious to kick off the holiday. I recently discovered this Wilton Donut Pan which makes donuts for breakfast super quick and easy! I found the Funfetti Stars & Stripes Cake Mix and knew it was the perfect mix for these Simple Patriotic Donuts. These were so tasty I think they will become a part of every patriotic holiday from now on!
The girls were happy that I made these early so they can take some with them to the river. Since these donuts are baked, they are easier to keep than fried donuts. You could even use the Babycakes Donut Maker for them! The Wilton White Candy Melts give the perfect flavor to the Funfetti Cake Mix and keep the sprinkles on just perfectly! These would be great to take to a party too! Look how easy!
Whether you are celebrating Fourth of July, Memorial Day, Veteran's Day, Flag Day - or simply want to celebrate our great nation - these Red, White, and Blue Donuts are perfect! Here is everything you need for your Patriotic Breakfast:
- 1 box of cake mix
- 2 Eggs
- 2/3 Cup of Water
- 1/3 Cup of Vegetable Oil
- White Wilton Candy Melts
- Decorate Red and Blue Sprinkles
- Wilton Donut Pan
- Mix cake mix, water, vegetable oil and eggs according to the cake mix box.
- Spray donut pan with cooking spray.
- Pour donut mix into a measuring cup for easy pouring. Pour the donut mix into the donut pan, making sure not to fill all the way to the top.
- Bake for 12 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Let cool for 5 minutes.
- Melt white candy melts in the microwave or with melting pot.
- Dip the top of each donut into the white candy melts.
- Top each donut with red and blue sprinkles!
Nutrition InformationYield 12 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 253Total Fat 10gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 7gCholesterol 33mgSodium 346mgCarbohydrates 39gFiber 1gSugar 21gProtein 3g