When the weather turns cooler you don’t have to give up your favorite delicious comfort foods to eat healthier...you can have your soup and eat it too. Roasted Cauliflower and Cheddar Soup is the lighter answer to heavy soups like loaded potato (I happen to think this tastes just like my favorite loaded baked potato soup) without the guilt!! Besides the flavor, this soup is great because it is gluten free, low carb, and keto friendly.
This soup is super easy to make and is perfect reheated. I used my Cuisinart Smart Stick Hand Blender to make it smooth and delicious in just minutes. There is no question this will be a staple in our household this Fall. Check out my other Low Carb Recipes you will want to try!
- 1 head fresh cauliflower
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ med onion, roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 4 cups water
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 pieces crumbled fresh bacon
- Rough chop cauliflower florets. Toss cauliflower in oil to coat.
- Spread cauliflower and garlic out on a large pan and place under the broiler in your oven for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Saute onions in butter in a large pot until they are translucent.
- Add water, cauliflower, garlic, salt and pepper to the pot of onions. Cook over medium heat for 30 minutes until softened.
- Use an immersion blender to process your ingredients until smooth. If you don’t have an immersion blender you can transfer to the blender, leaving the lid vented to avoid a hot explosion of liquid (never place lid tightly covered with hot ingredients in a blender).
- Add cheese and stir until completely melted. Top with a sprinkle of shredded cheddar and a bit of bacon.
Note: To thicken your soup you can choose to use about 2 tablespoon of xantham gum, coconut flour or corn starch - depending on your macros. You can also add more shredded cheese or less water to make it your desired consistency! I have always used broth in the place of water to increase my sodium and give an extra boost of flavor!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 156Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 26mgSodium: 181mgCarbohydrates: 3gNet Carbohydrates: 2gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 6g
Nutrition calculations based on exact ingredients used and may vary between brands. For exact macro measurements, always calculate your own macros using the exact ingredients that you use.