Healthy veggies are an important part of the keto diet because they deliver many nutrients and that much-needed fiber that you can not get anywhere else. Roasting is pretty much my favorite way to enjoy my vegetables.
This post may contain affiliate links which means we receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
This particular combo is delicious year round and is made up of low carb vegetables making it a keto friendly side that is perfect for your upcoming holiday festivities!
Even better you and throw them all on one pan and voila – your low carb veggies are served!
Looking For More Keto Recipes? Check out my entire Library Here.
I love how simple this is to make and it pairs with virtually everything – chicken, fish, beef, or pork. It is the perfect Keto Side Dish and easy to meal prep large amounts to be divided into little trays.
The coconut oil and oregano give it a great flavor without being overpowering -and for even more pizazz you can add some balsamic vinegar and garlic salt! So delish! How beautiful are these!?
I have started visiting local farmers markets in my area to choose vegetables that are locally grown and so much fresher than what I typically find at chain grocery stores.
You can tell a huge difference in freshness and quality – plus they stay fresh for longer before I cook them. Nothing is worse than food going bad before it can get cooked! It has become a weekly ritual to stock up on low carb veggies every weekend!
I was skeptical in the beginning when people claimed that radishes would taste like potatoes – but they really do!
And everyone knows my blog for Garlic Balsamic Brussels Sprouts really knows no bounds. There are so many ways to cook low carb veggies is makes staying with the keto diet so easy!
- 1 ½ cups radishes
- 1 ½ cups brussel sprouts
- 1 yellow squash
- 1 zucchini
- 1 Red pepper
- 1 Yellow Pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp. each- Oregano, basil, parsley
- 1 T.Coconut oil, melted
- Optional- Balsamic vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 425℉.
- Wash all veggies well first, peel the zucchini and squash first if you like.
- Rough chop everything into bite size pieces, in general I cut brussel sprouts and radishes in half unless they were very large. These take longer to cook and will cook more evenly in smaller pieces.
- In a large bowl toss together the chopped veggies, coconut oil, and herbs until all vegetables are well coated in oil and seasoning.
- Spread vegetables out as much as you can over a large baking sheet, drizzle a little more oil on them if they are not wet enough, healthy oils are our friend.
- Salt and pepper to taste, I like to use a fresh ground black pepper and coarse ground sea salt when roasting veggies to really bring out the flavors.
- Let your vegetables roast for 20-30 minutes, depending on how softened and browned you like them. I like to leave mine in longer and get that delicious caramelized flavor and char on the tips.
- Remove from oven and serve with your favorite protein and healthy fats for a tasty and pretty meal!