When I made Funfetti Chex Buddies Candy last year, it was all I could do to keep from eating the entire batch in one sitting. It was absolutely delicious. This year I wanted to make the same thing, but pink for Valentine's Day. I swapped out a few ingredients and voila! Another family favorite!
- 6 oz white chocolate or white vanilla candy melts
- 5 cups rice chex cereal
- 1 cup strawberry cake mix
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Valentine’s themed M&Ms
- Put rice chex cereal into a large sized bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix together strawberry cake mix and powdered sugar.
- Slowly melt white chocolate in the microwave, stopping it every 30 seconds or so to make sure it doesn’t burn.
- Add melted white chocolate to chex cereal and lightly stir to coat evenly. Be careful to not break the chex cereal too much.
- Add the cake mix & powdered sugar to the white chocolate covered chex cereal and lightly stir to coat evenly. You could add the chex cereal and powdered sugar mixture to a ziplock bag, then shake to coat as well, but I find the bowl is easier.
- Allow to dry completely and then add M&Ms.
Nutrition InformationYield 12 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 239Total Fat 8gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 14mgSodium 142mgCarbohydrates 40gFiber 0gSugar 28gProtein 3g