These Whole30 Stuffed Bell Peppers will help keep you on track while satisfying your craving for stuffed peppers.
Before I did my first round of Whole30, it was an ongoing joke that I was a terrible cook. I would tell people that I could mess up a bowl of cereal – I mean it was bad. (You may remember my struggle to boil eggs.)
Anyway, after about a week on whole30 – when I was so sick of eggs I wanted to scream – I began to venture out and try new things. Turns out I am actually a great cook, and somewhere before I hit day 30 I fell in love with being in the kitchen. Who would have thought.
When I had the opportunity to work with Collective Bias and ConAgra this week to create a new Mexican-inspired recipe, I was stoked. Everyone knows that I would eat Mexican food every single day if I could, and since I am at the end of a whole30 round I was excited to create something that was not only tasty, but compliant, and would cure my craving for a delicious Mexican dish.
I looked through cookbooks, perused on Pinterest, but could not find what I wanted. That left me – alone in a kitchen – to come up with something amazing. Mission: Accomplished.
This post may contain affiliate links which means we receive a small commission at
no cost to you when you make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate, I may earn from
qualifying purchases. As an employee of Apogee, any affiliate links from our clients are at 0% commission and two-tiered referrals are at $0.
One thing I have learned with whole30 is to really enjoy the natural taste of food. I prefer minimal ingredients now and love to let the flavors really shine through.
Plus let's be real – busy moms want simple and delicious recipes their family will love – no one
I had about 10 minutes to shop and 40 minutes to cook – so I knew I had to get creative. I have become completely obsessed with cauliflower rice, and I want to put fresh cilantro on everything these days, so that is where I began.
Close to the
A quick trip through the meat section and voila – 9 minutes later and I am ready to roll! I came home, got to cooking, and before my time was up I was serving a delicious Mexican meal – that even my Mexican fiance was impressed by! Go me!
This recipe makes a LOT of stuffing – which is great because it heats up perfectly the next day. In
I only have a few days left of my whole30 – but this recipe will absolutely stay in our rotation no matter what. I loved it, Mike loved it, and the girls loved it so much they even took leftovers to school today. I call that a super big win.
The next time you are craving Mexican but want a healthier alternative at home, I highly recommend these super simple stuffed bell peppers. And check out more Mexican inspired recipes here!
- 1 head cauliflower "riced"
- 1 can Diced Tomatoes
- 1 lb ground turkey breast
- 5 large bell peppers
- 4 TBSP olive oil
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 tsp basil
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 Tbsp cumin
- fresh cilantro to taste
- Begin by browning your turkey in a deep skillet until no pink is left. Put in a bowl and set aside.
- In the same skillet brown your cauliflower "rice" until cooked through and beginning to brown.
- Add in your cooked turkey, tomatoes, chicken stock and seasonings.
- Let simmer about 5 minutes or until stock is absorbed - stirring often to prevent sticking.
- Cut the tops off fresh bell peppers and remove seeds and ribs. Place in a deep baking dish - nestling them in together so they will stand up.
- If you like your peppers soft, you can bake them empty for about 10 minutes before filling. Since we like them firm I immediately stuffed and baked them in the oven at 350* for about 20 minutes or until tops begin to brown.
- Serve with your favorite whole30 guacamole!
Nutrition InformationYield 5 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 321Total Fat 15gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 12gCholesterol 66mgSodium 522mgCarbohydrates 16gFiber 5gSugar 8gProtein 34g