Since beginning Whole30 back in July, my entire life has changed. Yep, I realize how totally cliche that sounds and I am perfectly ok with it – because it is true. My Whole30 Experience was incredible, and since then I have maintained the lifestyle about 90% – splurging on my last two press trips but staying compliant at home. However with the holidays coming up, I know it is going to be easier and easier to let myself slide if I do not have a plan. So I began this week testing out some “Whole30 Holiday” type food so that when the big day comes, I know I will be serving my family something super tasty – and super healthy.
This week I tried out a Carrot and Cauliflower Mash that was absolutely amazing. The recipe was not only delicious – it was quick and easy to make. The recipe said it served four, but all four of us were wishing for more. It had a sweet and savory taste at the same time – pairing perfectly with chicken, but will also be amazing alongside ham or turkey.
- one head of cauliflower, steamed or boiled until soft
- 2 cups of carrots, steamed or boiled until soft
- 1 medium sized yellow onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon of minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon rosemary
- 1 tablespoon thyme
- 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- In a large skillet, put half of olive oil, diced onion and seasonings and sauté slowly until onion is translucent.
- Pour onion mixture in to large food processor.
- Add in carrots and cauliflower, and process until smooth – slowly drizzling in remaining olive oil.
- Serve with your favorite Whole30 meat. Voila!
I can not wait to serve this Whole30 side dish next to my big Thanksgiving Turkey. I will be doubling – if not tripling the recipe – we loved it that much. Plus I love that it was simple and only took a few minutes to make. The girls have already asked when we can have it again. Talk about a huge win!
Do you cook healthy for the holidays?