When I made Funfetti Chex Buddies Candy last year, it was all I could to to keep from eating the entire batch in one sitting. It was absolutely delicious. This year I wanted to make the same thing, but pink for Valentine’s Day. I sapped out a few ingredients and voila! Another family favorite!
Valentine’s Day Strawberry Puppy Chow
6 oz white chocolate or white vanilla candy melts
5 cups rice chex cereal
1 cup strawberry cake mix
1 cup powdered sugar
Valentine’s themed M&Ms
- Put rice chex cereal into a large sized bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix together strawberry cake mix and powdered sugar.
- Slowly melt white chocolate in the microwave, stopping it every 30 seconds or so to make sure it doesn’t burn.
- Add melted white chocolate to chex cereal and lightly stir to coat evenly. Be careful to not break the chex cereal too much.
- Add the cake mix & powdered sugar to the white chocolate covered chex cereal and lightly stir to coat evenly. You could add the chex cereal and powdered sugar mixture to a ziplock bag, then shake to coat as well, but I find the bowl is easier.
- Allow to dry completely and then add M&Ms.