Eggland’s Best sponsored this post. All thoughts and reviews are my own.
Did you know that the average family only spends 12 minutes together at the table during meal time? Twelve minutes!! That is less than 1% of your day!
Research has shown that family meals can greatly benefit the health and wellbeing of our children, so Eggland’s Best (EB) and the American Heart Association have teamed up to help educate families on the importance of spending more time together and eating healthy and nutritious meals.
This post may contain affiliate links which means we receive a small commission at
no cost to you when you make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate, I may earn from
qualifying purchases. As an employee of Apogee, any affiliate links from our clients are at 0% commission and two-tiered referrals are at $0.
Recently I had a chance to team up with Eggland's Best to participate in the Family Meals Pledge in honor of National Family Meals Month™ in September. The Family Meals Pledge is challenging families around the country to spend an "
Eggland's Best has amazing
Deviled eggs have always been one of my favorite snacks - whether I am at home or heading to a party. They are simple, delicious, and a bonus - they are keto!
They are also the perfect appetizer to enjoy - and keep your family around the table just a while longer. I made these for our Weekly Family Dinner Night - they were a huge hit!
Eggland’s Best (EB) isn't just the best-tasting eggs - they are also the healthiest eggs! The #1 branded egg in the U.S. and an excellent source of vitamins D, B12, E, B5, and riboflavin. They have six times more vitamin D, more than double the Omega-3s, 10 times more vitamin E and 25% less saturated fat than ordinary eggs.
Independent testing has also confirmed that Eggland’s Best eggs stay fresher longer than ordinary eggs - not that we ever have a problem with them being in the fridge too long! Not in this keto house!
You can take the Family Meals Pledge and be entered to win $5,000 towards a family vacation or a variety of other instant win prizes like gift cards, cookware and more!
Visit EBFamilyMealsPledge.com to make your pledge and see if you are an instant winner! Then, spend more time with your loved ones enjoying delicious heart-healthy foods like these Eggland's Best Guacamole Deviled Eggs!
Also be sure to follow Eggland's Best on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for more delicious recipe ideas as well as the American Heart Association on Facebook and Twitter for more ways to feel your absolute best!
- 9 Eggland's Best Eggs, large
- 1 medium avocado, pitted and halved
- 2 tablespoons fat-free sour cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1/3 cup seeded finely chopped Roma Tomato
- 1/4 cup scallions, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon jalapeno, chopped
- cilantro to garnish
- Fill a large pot with water, add all the eggs, and bring mixture to a boil over high heat.
- As soon as the water begins to boil, cover with a lid, remove the pot from the heat, and let eggs sit for 10 minutes.
- Drain water and transfer eggs to a bowl of cold water to cool.
- When the eggs are cool enough to handle, remove the shells.
- Slice each egg in half lengthwise. Remove the yolks, adding just 2 whole egg yolks into a medium bowl and discarding the remaining 7 egg yolks.
- Place the egg white halves onto a platter.
- Slice the avocado in half and remove the pit. Use a spoon to scoop the avocado’s flesh into a bowl.
- Use a fork to mash the egg yolks and the avocado together. Stir in the sour cream and lime juice.
- Remove the seeds from the tomatoes with a spoon and discard; finely chop the tomato, along with finely chopping the scallions.
- Add both to the mashed avocado, along with salt, pepper, and optional jalapeno. Stir together to combine.
- Spoon the guacamole into each egg white half, dividing the mixture between all 18. Garnish with a sprinkle of dried or fresh chopped cilantro, if desired. Serve.
Nutrition InformationYield 9 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 115Total Fat 8gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 186mgSodium 137mgCarbohydrates 4gFiber 2gSugar 1gProtein 7g