This delicious and flavorful Summer Slaw with Homemade Dill Dressing is perfect for a cookout side dish, an easy potluck, or just to enjoy all by yourself!
Summertime is finally here and boy did it come in with a bang. Seems like we went from freezing to crazy hot in just a matter of days. With it already so hot I am searching for cold, refreshing meals to enjoy and this one sure fits that bill.
Now this recipe is not exactly keto-friendly, but like most all recipes you can make a few adjustments if you are trying to cut carbs. I love recipes that let you be as creative as you want to be. For instance, you can use a sugar substitute like Swerve instead of real sugar, and instead of carrots, you can use celery instead! Both taste delicious and will help you stay on track with your goals. A total win-win.
The best part of this recipe, of course, is the Homemade Dill Weed Dressing... which I pretty much want to pour on everything. You can make it ahead and keep it in the fridge for a fast lunch or easy snack.
I make a bunch and put them in these jars - it is even great for gift giving! Everyone loves this dill dressing! Just wrap a bow around the top and voila!
It is oil based so not as easy for dipping, but I want it on everything. Course I feel that way about my Avocado Ranch Dressing too. Can you tell I like to dip all the things?!
This is the easiest, most flavorful salad I have thrown together in a long time. It is also the prettiest. I remember a friend telling me once to "eat the rainbow" to stay healthy and feeling my best - and this sure comes close!
- 2 cups of sugar
- 2 cups of Mazola Oil
- 2 teaspoons of Salt
- ½ a teaspoon of Black Pepper
- 1 cup of White Wine Vinegar
- 2 teaspoons of Celery Seed
- 1 teaspoon of Dill Weed
- 1 teaspoon of Onion Powder
- 1 cup Shredded Green Cabbage
- 1 cup Shredded Red Cabbage
- 1 cup Shredded Carrots
- In a large bowl add in all ingredients except cabbage and carrots.
- Mix together with a hand mixer and place in a mason jar and refrigerate for about one hour.
- Mix together cabbage and carrots.
- Pour 4 cups of boiling water over veggies, drain. Add 4 cups of cold water over veggies and drain.
- Shake dressing well and pour over veggies. (about a ½ cup per 4 cups of veggies)
- Refrigerate for about 2 hours.
- Serve and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 475Total Fat: 37gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 33gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 365mgCarbohydrates: 36gFiber: 1gSugar: 34gProtein: 1g