I survived the holidays without indulging in too many sweets… but there is just something about Valentine’s Day that makes me want all things chocolate! It is my one holiday a year where I indulge in the sweet stuff – after all I believe that if love had a flavor, it would be chocolate. White chocolate especially. And it would be in the form of this Simple Valentine’s Day Candy which is super easy to make, looks beautiful, and tastes even better.
This post may contain affiliate links which means we receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
This can be made really for any holiday – but we all know Valentine’s Day is my absolute favorite. I like to change it up a bit and add a teaspoon of peppermint extract to the almond bark sometimes to give it even more of a kick. But then, I have a love affair with mint chocolate anything! Beware though – it is very difficult to stop eating once you start…
- 12 OREO cookies
- 24 oz almond bark, cut into chunks
- 1/3 cup Wilton red candy melts
- 1/3 cup Wilton bright pink candy melts
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1/4 cup Valentine's Day M&M candies
- Twist the OREO cookies in half and arrange in a rectangle 6 cookies long by 4 cookies wide on a Silpat or wax paper lined baking sheet.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt almond bark for one minute, stir. Melt for 30 seconds, stir and repeat until fully melted.
- In one small bowl add the red candy melts and half the oil. In another small bowl add the pink candy melts and the remaining oil.
- Microwave both bowls of candy melts for 30 seconds, stir both with different spoons and continue to heat and stir every 30 seconds until fully melted.
- Starting in the center, slowly pour the melted almond bark over the cookies, covering all of them completely, careful not to pour the candy off the edge of the Silpat or wax paper.
- Use a spoon to randomly drizzle the red and pink melted candy over the white candy.
- Drop the M&M candies randomly over the melted candy.
- Cool in the refrigerator for one hour.
- Use a knife to cut the candy into random shapes and triangles.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 267 Total Fat: 18g Saturated Fat: 2g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 14g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 170mg Carbohydrates: 24g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 13g Protein: 6g