So here we are at Thanksgiving. The day that most dieters either spend the day being miserable watching others indulge in foods that would leave them to self-loathing – OR – the day you completely blow your diet and consume every calorie you can possibly cram in. Me? I have been working for two solid weeks to come up with the most amazing dishes I can find that are as healthy as they are tasty, so that I do not hate myself OR blow my progress. So I was nearly giddy when I concocted a recipe for “apple pie” that is not only delicious, but I will not hate myself afterwards.
This post may contain affiliate links which means we receive a small commission at
no cost to you when you make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate, I may earn from
qualifying purchases. As an employee of Apogee, any affiliate links from our clients are at 0% commission and two-tiered referrals are at $0.
According to MyFitnessPal calculations*, each Wonton Apple Pie has about 38 calories, .4g fat, 7.5g carbs, and .8g protein… so you can eat several. But you will want to eat them fast – they will not last long. Between Mike, The Teen and Midge… all 18 of ours are already gone. Guess that was our after school snack.
- 1 large Red Delicious apple, peeled, cored, and chopped (about 2 cups)
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 tbsp Organic Blue Agave
- 1 teaspoon real vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon flour
- 1 teaspoon Country Crock Light Margarine
- 18 wonton wrappers
- In a microwave safe bowl, put first four ingredients and mix until apple pieces are well coated.
- Add in next four ingredients and mix again until coated. Then put margarine on top of apple mixture.
- Microwave on high for one minute. Take the bowl our and stir. Microwave for another minute.
- Take out and stir. If apples are getting soft, proceed, otherwise microwave for another 30 seconds to one minute – being careful not to scorch.
- Let cool.
- Once the mixture is cool, spoon a heaping teaspoon of apple pie mixture onto wonton, just off to one corner, being careful not to overfill.
- Dipping your finger in water, lightly dampen the edges of the wonton wrapper, and fold over. Press edges together gently to seal together.
- Place on non stick cookie sheet and sprinkle with cinnamon. Bake at 350* for about ten minutes or until wontons are turning brown and edges are getting crispy.
- Let cool and enjoy!
Nutrition InformationYield 18 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 47Total Fat 1gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 1mgSodium 53mgCarbohydrates 9gFiber 1gSugar 4gProtein 1g