Ham and Cheese Mini Quiche are a delicious and easy breakfast that is ready in minutes. Simple clean ingredients make this a healthy breakfast that is a crowd favorite.
With school starting, have gotten a little bit obsessed with breakfast. It is the first time in years that I have not had a child that needed to be at school at some ridiculously early time of morning!
I now get to wake up leisurely, brew my coffee, and enjoy some alone time before I start waking everyone up for the day. Even with the extra time I have been looking for healthy breakfast ideas that are delicious and easy to make - and one of my standard "go tos" is quiche!
You can throw your favorite veggies together and voila! My current favorite - Ham and Cheese Mini Quiche!
I have always loved cooking in muffin tins - like my Taco Cupcakes and Single Serve Lasagnas - so instead of making one big quiche, I prefer to make little ones in my muffin tin.
That way I can practice portion control since they are so tasty and Sami can grab one as she heads out the door for college. Using a premade pie crust it is easy peasy to whip up your favorite quiche in minutes for a hot, delicious, filling breakfast full of protein!
You can also add chopped broccoli or spinach in place of the bell peppers to completely change the taste! I have also made Mexican Style Quiche using peppers, onions, and a teaspoon of Cumin.
Quiche is a great way to use leftover veggies for breakfast! If you want a lower carb option you can use my Two Ingredient Cheese Crisps to make the "crust" for a Keto Friendly Quiche with tons of flavor!
Ham and Cheese Mini Quiche
It's everything you love about quiche in a bite-sized treat! These Ham and Cheese Mini Quiche are perfect for brunch or to share with a crowd.
- 1 pre-made pie crust
- 1 large green bell pepper
- 1 cup cubed ham
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup heavy cream or milk
- 6 large eggs
- salt &pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease a muffin tin and set aside.
- Cut out twelve 2 ½ inch rounds from the pie crust (re-rolling as many times as you need to get 12) and press into the bottoms of the muffin tin (should only come halfway up the sides).
- Evenly distribute the cubed ham onto the bottoms of the dough rounds
- Dice the bell pepper and layer evenly over the tops of the ham.
- Next, sprinkle over the cheese.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, cream or milk, salt, and pepper. Pour the eggs over the other ingredients.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until a knife can be inserted and comes out clean.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 216Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 129mgSodium: 276mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 9g
Leave a Reply